"King" Mo Lawal Loves MMA, But Isn't a Big Fan of the Fans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
muhammed-mo-lawal_large_large.jpg
"King" Mo Lawal isn't the type of guy to hold back when it comes to giving his opinion on things, that's for sure. This time around, the subject was one that Mo has been outspoken about before - MMA fans, and their lack of knowledge about the sport. Lawal, who will be competing next against BJJ phenom Roger Gracie on September 10th at Strikeforce: Heavyweight GP Semi-Finals, was a guest on Pro MMA Radio recently. Here's what he had to say on the topic:

"I love the sport, but I don't like the culture," Lawal told Pro MMA Radio. "There's a lot of fans that aren't educated and they don't care to get educated, they're stupid, man. Good fighters ... when they lose? All of the sudden they're cans. Look at Fedor. He went undefeated for how many years and all of the sudden he lost a few fights and he's a can, he sucks. You know what I'm saying? C'mon, man. When Michael Jordan signed with the Wizards, did he suck? When Ali got beat by Trevor Berbick, did he suck? A lot of these MMA fans, they don't understand any other sport. Ask them to name five boxing champions, they probably could name none. Name five top level kickboxers, they probably can't name none. Name three top International wrestlers. They couldn't name none. They don't take time to research top level stuff. They just listen to what the announcers say and don't take the time to research."

First off, I'll never understand trying to insult the people that buy tickets to come watch you fight, even if it's the truth in some cases. Making blanket statements about fans is every bit as ignorant as the stuff he's trying to browbeat the fans for. Lawal is very eloquent and knowledgeable when he wants to talk about MMA, or any number of other sports. Instead of going out of his way to offend people under the guise of "the truth", maybe he should just stick to analyzing the sport itself. What do you think?

HT: MMA Mania