King Mo Calls Out Rampage Jackson

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Another name that came up after his win was old foe Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson. Lawal and Jackson have been engaged in a war of words for quite some time now, and the back and forth heated up again during fight week between the two fighters on Twitter.

Needless to say, Lawal is not a Rampage fan, in or out of the cage.

“It’s like this, if he wants to come to Strikeforce and get beat, he can,” Lawal said about Rampage. “He needs to stick to acting and doing movies, cause to me in my mind and in my eyes, he ain’t got it no more. He can hit me up on Twitter and talk trash, try to get me off my game, but we all know the truth.

“He’s a actor, a subpar actor. He should be on the B-team not the A-Team.”

King Mo Says Rampage Is More B-Team Than A-Team These Days
Dana White and Strikeforce, please make this fight happen.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Fight would be really entertaining as would the build up to the fight so yeah would like to see this go down.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah The buildup to this fight would be crazy good.

Don't care too much if it happens in Strike force or the UFC but it'd be nice to see it sometime in 2012.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Wasn't Rampage talking about retiring soon though?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yes. but I think if Rampage can get a good win over Ryan Bader at UFC 144 next month it might convince him to stay around a little while longer.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
If this fight were to take place... it'd have to be in the UFC. Dana would want the buys and everything from a fight like that. The fight needs to happen but it needs a good stage and Strikeforce isn't a big enough stage for it.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Rampage is shot to bits now, I'd take King Mo in this one pretty comfortably.

They're both good trash talkers though so the build up would be funny.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Why would you say Rampage is shot to bits? In his last 6 fights He's lost twice. One to eventual contender and top light heavyweight in Rashad Evans, and his other loss was to Jones... which everyone thus far has lost to. Rampage still has it.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Depends what you mean by 'he has it'.

Because his last two wins were a robbery of Machida, and a contender for worst fight of the decade with Matt Hammil. Also a battering by Jones and Rashad.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Who has stood toe to toe with Jones yet? Who? Jones has made everybody he has faced looked bad.

The Machida win was a robbery I will agree to that but in the record books he has the win. He has it in that he can still fight. He still has good hands and good head movement and he can still KO you.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Cant agree on he has good hands.

He barely threw against Hammil, just looked horrid.

And when was the last time he KOd someone? Think it was Wandy like 3/4 yrs ago lol. Terrible point to make.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Matt Hammill is a wrestler and looked to keep it on the ground to avoid the hands which was the smartest thing he could have done.

Lets see since the Wandy fight he faced Jardine... so since I haven't seen that fight in ages I don't know what happened there.

After that fight was the one against Rashad and that was after a very very long layoff... and you say he has bad hands? He caught Rashad in the 3rd round of that fight with one punch... caught him with ONE and almost had Rashad finished. He just didn't have enough energy to finish him off but that one shot put Rashad down.

After that was the fight against Machida... the guy that has only been KO'd ONCE in his career. So and considering the vast difference in fighting styles in how Rampage fights to how Machida fights... yeah a KO in that fight is not going to be easy.

Then we have Jones... and... yeah you tell me who has even had a chance to finish Jones yet... you tell me that.

So you can only have good hands if you finish someone off every time? That is unrealistic. Face it... nobody wants to stand in front of Rampage and is going to be like... hey hit me I don't think you have good hands anymore. No nobody is going to do that. They are trying with all of their might to stay away and avoid his shots. Nobody is going to stand there and be like... HIT ME HIT ME. And Rampage's style is short and compact.

So does that now mean that JDS has bad hands? Cause yeah he was able to finish Cain but he couldn't finish Shane Carwin or Big Country. You gotta list some ramifications for what you consider good cause just saying... yeah he finished this one guy but couldn't finish anybody else... even though he won fights and got close... lets see what you consider to be good hands.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Matt Hammill is a wrestler and looked to keep it on the ground to avoid the hands which was the smartest thing he could have done.

I can't remember it too well as it was a boring fight, but I'm pretty sure the majority was stand up (or lack there of).

Lets see since the Wandy fight he faced Jardine... so since I haven't seen that fight in ages I don't know what happened there.

He took him to a UD. Yes, glass jawed Jardine, who is now getting knocked out by middleweights.

Not really a good sign.

After that fight was the one against Rashad and that was after a very very long layoff... and you say he has bad hands? He caught Rashad in the 3rd round of that fight with one punch... caught him with ONE and almost had Rashad finished. He just didn't have enough energy to finish him off but that one shot put Rashad down.

I guess I should just clarify here that I don't think losing to Rashad or Jones is bad at all, as they are #1 and #2 in the division. But its the manner of the losses. That shot that clipped 'Shad was the only thing he did in the whole fight, the rest was a wrestling domination by Evans. I'll excuse it for ring rust, but its still a bad loss and shows how far away hes slipped.

So you can only have good hands if you finish someone off every time? That is unrealistic. Face it... nobody wants to stand in front of Rampage and is going to be like... hey hit me I don't think you have good hands anymore. No nobody is going to do that. They are trying with all of their might to stay away and avoid his shots. Nobody is going to stand there and be like... HIT ME HIT ME. And Rampage's style is short and compact.

I never said that. But theres no point trying to make Rampage sound dangerous when the only thing that made him dangerous is gone. Hes looked very gun shy the past few fights, plodding, wild and one dimensional. Hence, he is a shot fighter, a non factor in the division. Gatekeeper status now.

So does that now mean that JDS has bad hands? Cause yeah he was able to finish Cain but he couldn't finish Shane Carwin or Big Country. You gotta list some ramifications for what you consider good cause just saying... yeah he finished this one guy but couldn't finish anybody else... even though he won fights and got close... lets see what you consider to be good hands.

Do you realise how ridiculous your comparison is?

Junior Dos Santos, with a first round KO in his very last fight against the champion, and a striking masterclass against Nelson (which easily could of been finished by the ref).

Quinton Jackson, a guy who hasn't knocked out anybody since 2008, barely throws a punch anymore, and looks worse in each fight since he came back from hiatus.

I'm not saying Rampage has never had KO power, I'm not saying he wasnt an elite fighter at some point in the past, but what I am saying is that hes not a threat now, hes terrible and finished as a relevant fighter.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
And yet you still have not listed your criteria yet. Which is what I asked for initially.

And the whole Jardine is now getting knocked out by middleweights... its only been ONE fight at middleweight. Just one so far. It wasn't like he was getting knocked out by middleweights his entire career. Plus its only the third KO loss he has had in 3 years. The other two were to Ryan Bader and Thiago Silva.

And as far as Shad goes... if he clipped him in the first and couldn't finish it woulda been bad but he clipped him in the third... I'm just saying for ring rust and to clip Shad in the third... give him a little more credit than you are. You're just completely dissing the guy.

And as far as Nelson... he wasn't gonna get finished by JDS... plain and simple. Now you're not giving Nelson enough credit for his durability. The guy can take real abuse and keep going as he showed in that fight. Wasn't close to be called.

I'm saying... how can a guy that has only lost 2 fights since 2008 to the two top guys... one was by UD... the other was by submission, he somehow defeated Machida... how can he no longer be a threat?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Here's Rampage's Response to this.

Lawal challenged Jackson to a matchup, however, it wouldn't reside in the UFC. When asked about the potential bout, Jackson didn't seem too fond of the idea.

"It's funny that he gotta talk about me after his fight and say I should move down to the Strikeforce and fight him. I'm sorry, but from where I'm sittin', that's a step down," Jackson said.

Jackson would go on to discredit Lawal's skills and essentially show no interest in facing the former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion.

"I don't like the guy. He's a hater. He's a big time hater, you know what I'm sayin'?," he said. "Why would I wanna step down to the Strikeforce and fight him when I'm fightin' in the biggest organization in the world?"

"King Mo" was one of the potential fighters to be brought over from Strikeforce, however, since he recently signed a multi-fight deal, it doesn't look like a bout with Jackson will happen anytime soon.