Killzone 2 - Released: February 27th, 2009

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)

10/10

It's true that Killzone 2 is filled with moments that can handily be described as inspiring awe. Each scene is incredibly well detailed, from the gaps in jerry-rigged cover points letting you sneak in a killing headshot to scarred and scratched textures, the planet feels entirely believable... Without a doubt Killzone fans, action and shooter fans of any stripe will instantly tag this sequel as a powerful contender for best game of 2009. [Feb 2009, p.38]

Playstation Official Magazine Australia

10/10

I'll say it again: Killzone 2 is the best console first person shooter ever. It will be bested one day, and that is as it should be, but this game has set the proverbial bar so high we reckon it'll be the king for a good long while... Hail to the king, baby. [Feb 2009, p.66]

MEGamers

9.9/10

Killzone 2’s secret ingredient is the fluidity in gameplay that we have come to enjoy more than its graphical prowess or jaw-dropping visuals. And that’s what games have always been about... We're surprised to see Killzone 2 blows our expectations out of the water with a memorable SP campaign and a stellar MP component. To put it short, this game makes "Gears of War 2" look like a high school attempt at gaming and that is a HUGE compliment!

Playstation Official Magazine UK

9/10

Visually it's so far ahead of anything else out there it shatters your expectations...This is a PS3 showing what it's truly capable of and delivering a landmark piece of explosive entertainment you can't afford to miss. [Feb 2009, p.88]

Now some of you guys might be saying well of course Sony will give it a great score. Really they aren't biased. Resistance 2 which is a PS3 exclusive only got an 8/10 from the US magazine. Considering the majority of reviews are in the 9's then it would mean the official US mag would be underrating Resistance 2. UK and Aussie mags gave it a 9, which it deserved. The first Resistance only got a 7 from UK. Another PS3 exclusive Heavenly Sword only got a 7 as well from UK. Haze and Lair got shit on by all 3 mags. If sony was baised they would give them higher scores but they didn't. So now you know Killzone 2 will be game of the year.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

You should've been on Gamespot man. The 360 fanboys were going insane when the reviews came in. Flopzone 2 my ass.

I'm waiting for the GS review, thats when the real ownage will take place.

Its always fun to watch people damage control

Nation

Going to start a new game on Killzone on hard because i need something to fuel my hunger for KZ2. When the hell is the demo coming out? Also yeah i've seen some absurd comments on IGN.

Hometown Kid

You should've been on Gamespot man. The 360 fanboys were going insane when the reviews came in. Flopzone 2 my ass.

:laugh: I can just imagine that 360 fanboy scene now. But I don't normally like FPS's though. =/ I don't really know how they could have improved from the other best looking games already on PS3 though graphically.

The demo is only available through preorder at Gamestop/EB Games. You can actually use the demo code on February 5th. I'm glad I already got mine, most don't have it anymore.

So you have Killzone 1 now?

Killzone is the best looking game on consoles thus far. It really is amazing. You should look up some screens/vids Dylan.

Its awesome that the game is coming out on Friday instead of the usual Tuesday. I know what i'm doing all weekend.

Hometown Kid

I've seen a couple of videos and it really didn't look better than MGS4 did at all. I still might rent it after I get my PS3 fixed though...:g:

Wordlife

Ya know... I got VERY excited when I saw in Game Informer that it was coming out for 360, cause I had Killzone 1 for PS2 and simply loved it and it was one of my favorite games for a while. They false advertised and now its NOT coming out for 360, and I'm very pissed.. but overall its getting some kickass reviews so I take it it will be very good :D

Attention PS3 owners: Get a European account, or use the pre-order demo code from Gamestop/Electronic Boutique Games.

The Killzone 2 demo will be available today. For those North Americans who pre-ordered. It should be available at 12:00pm

For Europeans and those that aren't European and didn't pre-order. Just create a European PSN account and download it. The demo goes live in Europe 5:00pm GMT. That converts to 12:00pm for us. I think

The demo will contain an old build up of two sections from the first level. And a final build up that will be the tutorial featured in the retail copy.

I can't wait, believe the hype.

A PS3 price cut is expected in April. That could help, especially if they bundle it with Killzone 2. Just save up money, I guess.

Or wait for Modern Warfare 2.

Soulpower

You should've been on Gamespot man. The 360 fanboys were going insane when the reviews came in.

Good. Part of the reason I'm looking forward to this game is seeing the 360 fanboys cry when they see a FPS game that's actually good... You know, unlike Halo >_>