Killer Kowalski Passes Away

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

WWE Hall of Famer Walter Killer Kowalski,81, has passed away. Kowalski suffered a heart attack on 8/8 and he had been battling knee problems while living in a nursing home. Kowalski trained many wrestlers, including Triple H,Chyna,Perry Saturn,Kaz, and April Hunter,among many others.

Evil Austin

sad news he was actually great friends with people i knew like my grandparents... sad .

MikeRaw

Well, we knew this was coming months ago, after he was in hospital. RIP, it's a shame, but he was old, so at least it was for a reason.

Evil Austin

yea I am hoping the wwe do a tribute special like they did with Benoit, Eddie and others also Owen... but probably not because he hasn't been on the WWF or WWWF roster in over 30 years and no one in this generation or barely anyone has seen him in the ring and no one would know who they are paying tribute to.. but i hope they do, do it. THEY BETTTER (holds fists up angrilly)

Beer Money Army

This is a news to Pro Wrestling history.. One of the the bigs name of the 40's-70's,..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
side note of K.K wrestling history

he's a former 1 time wwwf world tag team champ and formoer 1 time u.s. tag team champ....

He was huge in australia as my granddad use to see a few shows back in the day with my great granddad...

In Australia:

5 Time IWA World Champion
3 Time IWA World Tag team Champion (defeating the duo of Rhodes/Murdoch to gain one of those reigns)

and other championships he held numerous times:

12 AWA international Champion, plus other championships in his career...

His last match was in March 24, 2007--United States Wrestling Federation: Ox Baker & Killer Kowalski teamed up for a Tag Team Tournament

Ox Baker helped Killer Kowalski into the ring where they got a bye because their opponants no-showed -- so they advanced to the 2nd round. They met Gino Martino and Superstar Richard Byrne in the ring in the next round. Richard Byrne is an old veteran wrestler who actually was one of Killers first students (Kowalski's gym was in his karate dojo for like 17 years before he moved it to Chaotic) and Gino who has been a close personal friend of Ox Baker for ages - got on the house mic and really put over their mentors which got a pretty good ovation as they both jumped out of the ring for a ten count to advance Ox & KILLER. Heels Tony Roy & Tre the Smooth Operating Gangsta made it to the final by cheating. After the annoucement of Ox and Killer in the final got jumped and beat up as they fought the two guys off. Tony entered the ring and took a pummeling by Ox and GOT HIT with a heart punch. OX tagged off to Killer as Tre was backing up and he turned around and got the CLAW! Tre submitted and they won-big standing ovation-there was about 250-maybe 300 there and it got a huge pop

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope we get a tribute video this week on raw...

he will be missed... RIP

C4

I barely know him or maybe don't know him at all, heard the name and seen the action figure. Oh wait, I've seen one of his matches on the History of Championship DVD as well.

Nonetheless, Rest in peace George Kowalski.

Sgt Xtreme

Reaction score
Not to sound morbid or anything. But I thought he was already dead. Either way my condolences go out to his family. My he rest in peace!