Kevin Owens says he doesn't see himself not re-signing with WWE when contract is up

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
145_surv_11262022ca_20040--1111966ded395b1883430191eaa110ca.jpg

Kevin Owens doesn't see any reason to not re-sign with WWE when his current contract expires.

Owens has two years left on a three-year deal he signed with the company in December 2021. He spoke about his contract during a recent appearance on the Cheap Heat podcast with Peter Rosenburg.

Owens said:

When I look back on my career in WWE, I'm honestly in awe of the things I've gotten to do, the stuff I've experienced, the people I've gotten to work with. So now, I have two more years left on my current contract and I don't see a reason why I wouldn't sign another one when it's done because I don't feel like I'm anywhere near done but who knows what could happen, right? At this stage in my career, I just really want to have fun and make sure I'm still putting out memorable stuff for people watching but man I look back at the career I've had, if it all ended tomorrow, it would hard to have any kind of regret because I've really done some incredible stuff. I've been very lucky to do what I've done.

It was confirmed in December 2021 that Owens had signed a three-year contract with WWE. Dave Meltzer reported that his deal is in the $2-3 million range.

"He signed a three-year deal with WWE. I believe it was actually a couple weeks ago when this happened," Meltzer said. "It's a very good money deal. I think that the feeling was it was more than he would be able to get with AEW. It's $2-3 million, in that range, per year."

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
He’s retiring there and that’s awesome.

He may never be World Champion again but he’s an essential part of the roster and both Hunter and Vince treated him as such

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Can't say I blame him and I expect he'll get better storylines and to work with better people with HHH in charge. WWE just seems like the fit for KO to be honest. I would like to see him have one big title run before it is all said and done and I think he probably will get the chance.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He’s retiring there and that’s awesome.

He may never be World Champion again but he’s an essential part of the roster and both Hunter and Vince treated him as such

I think with HHH in charge there's a much higher chance but I can't see it being something KO would push for himself at all. Dude just seems so happy doing his thing whatever that may be

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I think with HHH in charge there's a much higher chance but I can't see it being something KO would push for himself at all. Dude just seems so happy doing his thing whatever that may be
Idk I think his chances were about the same whether it was Vince or Hunter. People forget he had a 6-7 month title run under Vince and was pegged to Main Event

But dude doesn’t need it. He’s over without it. He’s a lot like Seth in the sense that you can put him anywhere on the card and he’ll knock it out the park.

He worked his ass off to get here. He’s going to enjoy the fruits of his labor and it seems like he’s still having fun.

We don’t hear enough WWE=good stories(Especially under Vince) but it sounds like Kevin is living his best life

Reactions: Order

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I'm still surprised about the way Vince booked him over the years, I'm glad he kept him relevant.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Why would they use this picture lmao

Reactions: Cwalker

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
He’s a WWE guy through and through now imo. I honestly couldn’t see him going anywhere else tbh, and he says he’s happy and it shows because he’s always speaking positively about his time there. He’s just a genuinely nice guy and that’s one of the things I like so much about him.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah at this point KO can do whatever the fuck he wants and he’ll always be over. I’m glad he got to this point and he’s happy.

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Smart man! Knows he works for the best company!

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Owens wrestling Stone Cold at WrestleMania in Texas pretty much solidified he wouldn't be leaving anytime soon.

Having that belief in him to essentially main event Night 1 of Mania in Stone Cold's return/retirement match, that refueled him to keep moving forward. And the money has to be nice too.