KENTA Signs with WWE!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
kenta_zpse10c082f.0_standard_730.0.png

WWE today announced it has signed Kenta, one of Japan’s biggest stars, to its NXT division. The announcement took place during a signing ceremony at a WWE Live Event in Osaka, Japan with WWE icon and Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan presiding.

Kenta’s intense and straightforward in-ring style has led to his success in Japan, as well as during visits to the U.S. He is expected to reach new heights of global success with WWE.

“Kenta is an incredible performer who brings the crowd to its feet when he steps into the ring,” said Paul Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent, Creative and Live Events, WWE. “WWE’s signing of Kenta reflects our continued dedication to creating a diverse roster that appeals to our global fan base.”

“I am humbled to join WWE’s NXT division and look forward to honing my craft with the global leader in sports-entertainment,” said Kenta.

Kenta will relocate to Orlando, Florida, where he will train at WWE’s state-of-the-art Performance Center to enhance his talents both athletically and creatively.

Source(s): WWE

Joey

Reaction score
Sweeeeettt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I have to say this is one of the most important and influential signings WWE had made in the last decade. Kudos to Triple H and Stephanie for going outside the United States for talent. I do want to point out that KENTA doesn't need to in any way "train." I don't mind him doing the NXT brand wonders for a little while, but he needs to go straight to NXT Television. In no way does he need to be sent to the Performance Center.

One hope I have for him is they don't alter him too much. Is it possible he can remain KENTA? Even without capitalization that would be awesome. At the very least give him a cool name and leave his gimmick alone.

What I'm really wondering about though is will they let him keep the Go to Sleep? I know they won't let him use the Yes! Lock, but Kenta invented the GTS and CM Punk is gone. I just realized that Daniel Bryan also uses Kenta’s Busaiku Knee Kick! I would think Bryan would keep the Yes! Lock because Bryan is more known for it, but the knee is Kenta’s signature along with the GTS. It's amazing when you think about how the two most beloved WWE superstars took so much of their offense from this one Japanese sensation.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I have to say this is one of the most important and influential signings WWE had made in the last decade. Kudos to Triple H and Stephanie for going outside the United States for talent. I do want to point out that KENTA doesn't need to in any way "train." I don't mind him doing the NXT brand wonders for a little while, but he needs to go straight to NXT Television. In no way does he need to be sent to the Performance Center.

One hope I have for him is they don't alter him too much. Is it possible he can remain KENTA? Even without capitalization that would be awesome. At the very least give him a cool name and leave his gimmick alone.

What I'm really wondering about though is will they let him keep the Go to Sleep? I know they won't let him use the Yes! Lock, but Kenta invented the GTS and CM Punk is gone. I just realized that Daniel Bryan also uses Kenta’s Busaiku Knee Kick! I would think Bryan would keep the Yes! Lock because Bryan is more known for it, but the knee is Kenta’s signature along with the GTS. It's amazing when you think about how the two most beloved WWE superstars took so much of their offense from this one Japanese sensation.

He has to go to the Performance Centre. Sin Cara skipped that stage and look what happened with him. Best to give him time to adjust to the WWE style, especially as he's gonna need to try some new finishers.

As for name, I'm hoping the lower case spelling of his name is the way they're going forward as when they signed Sin Cara, he was introduced at the press conference as "the wrestler formerly known as Mistico".

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
He has to go to the Performance Centre. Sin Cara skipped that stage and look what happened with him. Best to give him time to adjust to the WWE style, especially as he's gonna need to try some new finishers.

As for name, I'm hoping the lower case spelling of his name is the way they're going forward as when they signed Sin Cara, he was introduced at the press conference as "the wrestler formerly known as Mistico".

I've never seen Sin Cara wrestle for all know he's always sucked. Kenta has wrestled for ROH and seems to be able to handle American style. Even if we did send him down to the Performance Center, it really shouldn't be that long. Look at Chris Hero who spent years in development and went nowhere. I'd say give him a few months and then let him debut on NXT Television. That's what NXT is for too. To smooth out the wrinkles.

As for his finishers that was what my last paragraph addressed. Considering he invented both the GTS and Busaiku I see very little reason he should have to change them. Possibly drop the knee kick, but I don't believe Bryan would want him to. The GTS shouldn't even be a question with CM Punk walking out the door.

I think calling him simply Kenta works. No need in my opinion to much more than that.

And did Sin Cara even work NXT? I'm not saying skip NXT, just get him on TV. I mean where's Sammi Callihan?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I've never seen Sin Cara wrestle for all know he's always sucked. Kenta has wrestled for ROH and seems to be able to handle American style. Even if we did send him down to the Performance Center, it really shouldn't be that long. Look at Chris Hero who spent years in development and went nowhere. I'd say give him a few months and then let him debut on NXT Television. That's what NXT is for too. To smooth out the wrinkles.

As for his finishers that was what my last paragraph addressed. Considering he invented both the GTS and Busaiku I see very little reason he should have to change them. Possibly drop the knee kick, but I don't believe Bryan would want him to. The GTS shouldn't even be a question with CM Punk walking out the door.

I think calling him simply Kenta works. No need in my opinion to much more than that.

And did Sin Cara even work NXT? I'm not saying skip NXT, just get him on TV. I mean where's Sami Callihan?

Can't comment on pre-WWE Sin Cara in ring wise, but he was a mega draw in Mexico, practically the John Cena of the country. He was a much bigger deal than Kenta is in Japan, so the scope of his WWE run failure is bigger than a lot of folks realise. He skipped NXT and was moved straight up to Raw, a move that massively backfired when he started botching shit left right and centre.

Wrestling in ROH really isn't the same as wrestling in WWE though is it? Indy guys can do whatever the fuck they want, whereas WWE is all about having a marketable product.

As far as finishers go, I'm not too bothered about what he does TBH. He could use the GTS, but fans are still chanting CM Punk at events so they will notice someone else using his move. I think the Jim Cornette rule is 7 years between these things. Of course he's gonna have to drop the kick, doesn't matter who invented the move, DB's a top guy in the company who already uses it, no way does he give it up.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Can't comment on pre-WWE Sin Cara in ring wise, but he was a mega draw in Mexico, practically the John Cena of the country. He was a much bigger deal than Kenta is in Japan, so the scope of his WWE run failure is bigger than a lot of folks realise. He skipped NXT and was moved straight up to Raw, a move that massively backfired when he started botching shit left right and centre.

Wrestling in ROH really isn't the same as wrestling in WWE though is it? Indy guys can do whatever the fuck they want, whereas WWE is all about having a marketable product.

As far as finishers go, I'm not too bothered about what he does TBH. He could use the GTS, but fans are still chanting CM Punk at events so they will notice someone else using his move. I think the Jim Cornette rule is 7 years between these things. Of course he's gonna have to drop the kick, doesn't matter who invented the move, DB's a top guy in the company who already uses it, no way does he give it up.

I've seen very little Lucha Libre but it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a lot of focus on actual ring talent. It seems like mostly doing spots which Sin Cara was all about. I know Kenta can work in the ring. I'm not even saying skip NXT, only that he doesn't need to be kept off television and trained with newbies like Eva Marie. I'd say give him a few months in the center and then let him learn alongside Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn on NXT Television.

There's no way they aren't going to allow him to use at least one of his moves. "Sorry we let out talent raid your entire arsenal, find something else, bro." I didn't mean WWE would take the kick away from DB, but rather Bryan would volunteer to let Kenta have it back. Bryan used it out of respect in the first place. As for CM Punk clearly the WWE is having fun poking at that bear so I think it would be perfectly in line for Kenta to use and have the announcers make Punk jabs. Besides if he stays in the Performance Center for a while, it'll have been long enough. WWE has never kept any move off the table for 7 years.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
To be fair, if he comes up as a heel, using the GTS would actually be a good way of getting heat early on. Especially if he's in the Authority.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
To be fair, if he comes up as a heel, using the GTS would actually be a good way of getting heat early on. Especially if he's in the Authority.

Now we're talking. That would be killer. Imagine the heat? Especially because the Japanese hero is now towing the Authority line. I can see the tag team matches with Seth Rollins now. How amazing would that be? Especially if Bryan heals in time to feud with Kenta as well. Perhaps Rollins & Kenta vs. Bryan & Ambrose? Gives me the chills thinking about it.

Joey

Reaction score
Now we're talking. That would be killer. Imagine the heat? Especially because the Japanese hero is now towing the Authority line. I can see the tag team matches with Seth Rollins now. How amazing would that be? Especially if Bryan heals in time to feud with Kenta as well. Perhaps Rollins & Kenta vs. Bryan & Ambrose? Gives me the chills thinking about it.

Bryan and Kenta could make history tbh. Imagine some type of Iron Man Match or something? That'd be sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk