Kenny Omega talks how AEW has changed since inception

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
07-kenny-omega-vs-mjf_10_28_2023_aew_collision_0006.webp

Kenny Omega says today's AEW is different from what it was in its first year.

Omega spoke with B/R recently about what the promotion's locker room was like back in 2019 and what has changed since then.

"We had a locker room and a team of real go-getters," Omega said of AEW's year one roster. "Every week was something new, something exciting. We were just trying to get our footing. Now we have a much larger roster, and we have a lot of our bases covered."

"Is it different now than it was on day one? Absolutely it's different," he continued. "Do I still feel that I have an identity within this company? Yeah, it's still AEW. From 2019 until now, every single year has been completely different from one another. I didn't even realize it until you asked me the question just now how different year one was from year two and year three."

"It's all about making the fans happy. You strip back everything from the original mission statement, it was really all about making fans happy. At the end of the day, if the fans are happy with the product, if the networks are happy, if everyone is happy who consumes our product, then I'm happy too."

Omega is scheduled to team with Chris Jericho against The Young Bucks at AEW Full Gear on Saturday. It was at Full Gear 2021 that Omega dropped the AEW World Championship to Hangman Page and then took nine months off to heal several nagging injuries.

Regarding his current health, Omega says he feels great but noted he is getting older and has days where he doesn't know if he's able to do anything physical.

"I'm getting to the age where I'll feel great and then I'll spontaneously slip and fall on a banana peel and then the next thing you know I've got a broken hip," Omega said. "I'm starting to get brittle like that.

"You can feel great one day and then the next day it's like, 'Wow, I don't know if I can do anything physical.' When you get to around that time, you just go day-by-day and you try to commit as best you can to injury prevention and injury management."