Kelani Jordan talks winning the Women's North American Championship, defense against Sol Ruca

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

On winning the NA title:

“Honestly, when I was in Vegas on top of the ladder, I was shaking. Not only because I was on top of the ladder but, honestly, the moment was so surreal. I don’t feel like words can fully explain how I felt because, one, it’s an honor to be champion in general, but to be the first and be the one that has to create the importance of the title, the one who’s creating the legacy of the title, it means the world, and sometimes I still get shaken up about it. Sometimes I just go back and, like, I have a picture in my other room of me when I won the title and every time when I am leaving to go to training, I am just reminding myself it’s all worth it. It all pays off just to keep me going. Honestly, it’s an honor to be the first ever women’s NXT North American Champion and I’m loving defending it against the top talent here in NXT,."

On Sol Ruca match:

“I was super happy with how I performed and how we just meshed together. Me and Sol are good friends, and we come from the same background so we kinda knew what each other was gonna go for, which I think made it a good, friendly, but competitive match. Super high-flying. But I have to give it to Sol, she’s definitely a freak athlete. She gave me a run for my money, and she made me have to pull out some tricks that I’ve never done before. I felt super proud going to the back and just proud of the moment. Seeing how people received the match was super, I don’t know, I just felt great about it. It was one of my favorite matches I’ve done."

On NXT to CW:

“We’re making history. This is the first time NXT is going to a broadcast network in history. So not only did I get to make history one time with the championship, but now I get to be a part of history again.”

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Her match with Ruca felt "very rehearsed" if that makes any sense, but I still enjoyed it a lot. I think she needs to work on her character and bring more personality but she's got great looks and athleticism, sky is the limit for her if she doesn't settle for a Bianca Belair Lite gimmick.