Keith Lee details what led him to sign to AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
img_0473.jpg

Source: f4wonline.com

Keith Lee has revealed what led to him signing with AEW following his release from WWE.

Lee was a guest on this week's edition of AEW Unrestricted and spoke about his first meeting with Tony Khan.

“That release (from WWE) happened and within three days, Tony found a way to get in touch with me,” Lee said. “I was actually really impressed with that considering we had never spoken before. We had some really laid-back conversations and kind of got to know each other a little bit. I think that’s something that helped because I think that some of my trust is a little disgruntled.”

Lee said he was impressed with Khan and found him to be a stand-up guy.

"I really enjoyed my time with him, getting to know him and what he’s about, talking football and all that good stuff, especially as a former player. Then eventually, that led into business. But in terms of getting to know him, yeah, I had a blast, a lot of laughs, and a lot of jokes. He’s a swell guy, to say the very least," he said.

Lee also said that Adam Cole played a role in bringing him to AEW.

"There aren't a lot of people in this industry that you can just trust or get along with at certain levels but I really like Adam Cole as a person. His testimony for his happiness here is something that made it a little easier," he said.

Lee told a story of having three different tryout sessions with WWE. During one 2013 session, he was doubting if he made the right decision to leave football and pursue a career in wrestling. Then, Jim Ross said something to him that changed his perspective.

"He pulled me aside and basically told me, 'Hey yo, regardless of what their decision is, I want you to know that I believe you are a million dollar talent.' That was something that touched me very deep and meant a lot to me coming from someone like him," he explained.

Lee also spoke about his battle with COVID-19 that kept him out of action for months in WWE.

"For me and how I feel, it is so much more gratitude for life and even more for me being able to do what I do still because I was this close to losing professional wrestling," Lee said.