Kayla Braxton Says WWE Offered Her Role As Part Of Commentary Team

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Kayla Braxton’s WWE career is in the rear view mirror.

During an appearance on “The Ring Generals” for an in-depth interview, Braxton, real name Kayla Becker, reflected on her memorable run with the sports entertainment global industry leader.

“It wasn’t an easy decision but it was something that I was thinking about for a long time,” she said of her difficult decision to part ways with WWE earlier this year. “It’s no secret that I didn’t come from the wrestling world, I was introduced to it and I’m so glad I was, I came to love it and it will be one of the best parts of my entire life.”

Becker went on to reveal that at one point, WWE offered her a spot on the commentary team, which she ultimately turned down.

“I think I just didn’t have that same connection as others who’ve dreamt of being here their entire lives,” she said. “I recognize that I have done everything. I didn’t want to be on commentary, they asked me a few times if I wanted to do commentary and I said, ‘Hell no.’ [laughs] I don’t know how they do that.”

She also explained how she wanted to leave WWE to “do bigger things in her life,” and how she didn’t want her being there to prevent others from receiving well-deserved opportunities of their own.

“I was like, what else can I do here? I’m keeping myself from advancing in other things I want to do,” she said. “I’m not a spring chicken anymore, I know how women are viewed in the entertainment industry and television. I’m also keeping other people who want this spot away from it [and they] might love it and appreciate it more. Even when I left The Bump, I did that for a couple of reasons.”

She continued, “One, I moved to LA, and they wanted me to stay on, they put a studio in my apartment. But, there was another girl, Megan Morant, who came into WWE. I saw so much potential and promise in her, I started training her and having her come into The Bump as a co-host. I was like, this needs to be your show. You’ve done the work, you love it. I felt like if I stayed on that show, I’m doing a disservice to her and that whole department by not letting — you know how WWE is, there is not a lot of turnover in certain positions. They would let me be there until I’m 55 probably, but then that’s not doing a favor for anybody. I’m just taking a step back and going, I wanna move on and do bigger things in my life, I want other people to do the same thing.”

(H/T to Fightful.com for transcribing the above quotes.)
I would imagine this was around the time they put Renee on commentary and Beth in NXT? Always enjoyed a lot of the stuff she was involved with and seems like a good egg too.

Jacob Fatu

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
She's always seems down to earth and real grounded. Wish her nothing but success in the next endeavour she pursues. Hopefully she gets a nice big bag.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I’m honestly glad she turned the offer down.

She was excellent in her role and maybe she would’ve done well on commentary but I wouldn’t want her to be criticized the way Renee and Beth were if it didn’t go well