Kane

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Qwake

What do you guys think of Kane after winning the ECW World Title? Do you think Vince gave it too him just before he retires? or that Vince will give him a long run and put him back into the Main event picture?
Thought?

Haze187

Reaction score
Well I see it as WWE trying to give the ECW brand more credibility since previous champs of recent times haven't. And well it also helps Kane have a purpose.

Bigfella

Reaction score
I was watching the match as it started and im like "hey this half of the show is almost over. it would be funny if kane chokeslams him and pins and wins :D"

2 seconds later, chokeslam 1...2...3 :|

Qwake

lmao! thats exactly what I said! I thought it was so stupid but thats what happened. yeah they could be doing that but ecw has had some good champs. RVD Big show but then theres lashley! hopefully kane will have a long run with the title and then lose it to some new guy to make the new guy look good and then kane can go and fued for the wwe/whc and win...

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I hope Kane gets a REAL title reign though. Sorry, but a pre-retirement ECW Title reign is suitable for someone like Kevin Thorn or Snitsky. Kane deserves a WWE or World Heavyweight Championship before he retires.

Michael1

Reaction score
Kane's been putting over young talent for a while now so IMO this was a long time coming no matter what championship it is because really, before this reign when was the last time he had a championship reign? Seriously. 2002? 2003? It's ridiculous. Luckily, Kane has a championship now, and I'm happy. But I hope that he does get a WWE Championship or World Championship reign before he retires as well.

HHHforever

Reaction score
I hope Kane gets a REAL title reign though. Sorry, but a pre-retirement ECW Title reign is suitable for someone like Kevin Thorn or Snitsky. Kane deserves a WWE or World Heavyweight Championship before he retires.

I agree, if this is the obligatory pre-retirement title run then that sucks cuz Kane deserves a better title than this.

What I think of this is that Kane hadn't had a title in forever, he deserved something and none of the mid card titles made sense at this moment in time, so they gave him the ECW title because he deserves one and ECW sucks. Kane isn't the #1 face or anything anymore, but he can draw to an extent so maybe they thought that he could help draw to ECW.

Fenix0505

Reaction score
Do you think Vince gave it too him just before he retires?
I really don't think Kane is going to retire any time soon, I think it was just to get Kane noticed again because he was not very active until the night of WM 24 I wished that Kane and Big Show were still Tag Team Champs they were my favorite Tag Team off all of the Tag teams ever created.

eggthief

Reaction score
lmao! thats exactly what I said! I thought it was so stupid but thats what happened. yeah they could be doing that but ecw has had some good champs. RVD Big show but then theres lashley! hopefully kane will have a long run with the title and then lose it to some new guy to make the new guy look good and then kane can go and fued for the wwe/whc and win...

I actually think that Chavo will win it back at Backlash, probably on a dirty way and that then CM Punk will use his mitb contract.

Evil Austin

for me I love Kane as champ I was always a Kane and Undertaker fan but how the WWE is using him for me its too early to see, Ill just wait and see if he looses match after match on smackdown and ecw in the coming weeks and than Ill know if Backlash will he be champ or not.

The Rated R CMStar

Lol, I am sorry but I have read a lot of stupid statements here. Really, CM Punk cashing MITB on...the ECW Title? No, hell no.

Also, Kane feuding for the WHC/WWE belt and winning it cannot just happen by happening, if you get what I mean, it has to happen with Kane defeating an opponent he has history with, so it can be seen as Kane getting revenge and writting another page on their book and not a midcarder going over a main eventer.

For example, Kane defeating Taker would be the perfect scenario. Kane defeating Edge could also be, but for example I wouldn't want Kane going over Batista, or CM Punk to win the belt.

-TJ-

Well........

Kane won the title cause he is long over due for a title. ECW needs credibility, Kane needs a title. DING DING!

I also agree with you CMS.

Kane is the extreme of the WWE :p Now he is going to be the Monster of a new E. Extreme :p

John

Kane has only ever won one world title reign in history and that for 1 day. so if he retires soon wwe will want to make sure that he has a lenghy title reign under his belt to talk about. and he's been round for 10 years so maybe wwe thourght its his time. i definately think its his time.

the dark knight

meh, what they said.

im sick of begging for a kane WORLD title run. i've been asking for it for like....6 years now? and it'll probably wont happen cuz:
a) i dont think he cares about titles..all he cares about is money.
b) no room for him unless they start buildin him up...and it'll take a long time.

his ecw title push isn't a bad thing but, we just wanted more. and yea, its gonna be his last run before he retires.

1chiban

Reaction score
No offence but Kane's had his time now. He was legitimately scary in 97 but now he's older, and fatter, and is boring. Should have never took the mask off.