Justice League movie confirmed, Zack Snyder to direct

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
We all knew this was coming, but now it's official: Zack Snyder is set to direct Justice League. Warner Bros. worldwide production president Greg Silverman told the Wall Street Journal that Snyder--who directed Man of Steel and is currently at work on Batman vs. Superman--will helm the DC team-up movie.

Silverman said, "It will be a further expansion of this universe. Superman vs Batman will lead into Justice League."

No cast has officially been announced, but it seems a lock that the studio will bring back Henry Cavill as Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and Ray Fisher as Cyborg. All four are set to appear in Batman vs. Superman, with Cyborg's role set to be a smaller one and Wonder Woman's a larger supporting role. Silverman didn't mention plot details, so there's no word on if it would follow the New 52 Justice League formation or go on an original bent. Nothing has been announced regarding Aquaman, Flash, Martian Manhunter or Green Lantern. Previous rumors had Darkseid set to be the villain (which would jive with a New 52 retelling), but those are unfounded.

Speaking of Wonder Woman, the studio said that there are no plans for a Wonder Woman spin-off but that they are open to the idea. Worldwide marketing president Sue Kroll said, "That is our hope. With the right script, that could be viable. The world is ready for her."

There is no release date set for Justice League, though the studio is hoping to get it out before 2018.

Here we go then.

Don't wanna be one of "those people", but I can't really get too excited for this. Obviously at this point DC aren't going to have the luxury of taking their time like Marvel (the longer it takes now, the worse they look) but it still seems like a massive jump in a barely established universe. It also doesn't help that I'm not a huge fan of Man of Steel or Snyder's directorial career.

We'll see. I will say though that they announced Superman vs. Batman a year ago and with it not due out for another two, I'm starting to get pretty sick of hearing about it already.

Swinny

Reaction score
Yeah I don't really see this being anything more than mediocre, much like Man of Steel, but we'll see.