June Targeted For Return Of Fedor

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
according to M-1's global director of operations Evgeni Kogan, who told MMA Fighting that recent rumors of a concrete date and opponent are incorrect.

"We're working towards securing a Fedor fight in Monaco for the summer, sometime around the time when Formula One happens," he said. "Specifically, a little while afterwards."

The Formula One racing series is scheduled to make its annual stop through the principality during the period of May 24-27, and Kogan said M-1 was targeting an event "closer to the second week of June."

Kogan noted that neither a date or opponent have yet to be finalized, and that the promotion hopes to officially announce both around mid-March.

Asked about reports that Emelianenko would face former UFC fighter Todd Duffee, Kogan would not confirm or deny any individual rumors.

"The search for the opponent is currently in process with a number of worthy candidates being considered," he said.

Todd would be a horrible opponent for Fedor. He might actually KO him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Monaco? Would this be the first MMA event ever held there? Doesn't seem like a sport that they would want there as it doesn't have as much class as say F1. Interesting for M1 to tap into that market

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Man alive it better not be Todd Duffee. Duffee does not belong. AT ALL! He WOULD get knocked out in the first minute if he were to face off against Fedor. Todd is strong, he is huge, but he is so one dimensional and just can't take hits.

I mean his fight with Overeem didn't even last 30 seconds cause Overeem clocked him. Then there was his very embarrassing loss in UFC when he dominated for 3 rounds just punching the guy, throwing no kicks at all and then the guy lands one lucky punch to the chin and its like TIMMMMMBEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR.

If Duffee is the challenger then ... M-1 needs to fold and Fedor needs to leave cause that would be a pure mockery. Lashley would be more of a challenge than Duffee.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
We should probably have a vBookie on which bum Fedor is going to cherry-pick next.

I'll go with Houston Alexander.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
At least Houston would pose a better threat than Duffee and Lashley. Not much but... I'd take him over those two crapasses. Yes I just decided to call them crapasses. :p

Ben

Reaction score
Kind of sad that Fedor is going to end his career as a can crusher. Laughable the guys that M1 is throwing out his way.

Him going to the UFC and at least trying to hang in the middle of the pack would show that he's serious about fighting and not just getting paid and protecting his already questionable legacy.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Pretty much what I'm thinking Ben, i mean he's been fighting UFC rejects for awhile now it only makes sense for him to actually go to the UFC sooner or later. He doesn't have a lot left to give but he's still a big name and Dana could make some money off of him.

Ben

Reaction score
I've always thought Fedor was overrated so my opinion here is a bit biased, but for the most part he's fought garbage opponents his whole career minus his run in PRIDE when he beat guys like Cro Cop in there prime. He went to SF to fight lesser guys and he's taking fights like this now to do the same thing.

If he called Dana or Lorenzo tomorrow and was willing to talk he would have the chance to COMPETE again, but it won't happen. He'll take fights like this and then fade away.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The problem is is that even if Fedor wants to join the UFC M-1 won't allow it unless they can co-promote but UFC won't allow that and rightly so. Unfortunately M-1 pulls all the strings and Fedor isn't man enough to step up for himself and make his own decisions.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Yeah, I've heard all sorts of stories connecting M1 to drug cartels and the Russian mafia so no real surprises he's stayed loyal all this time, but still would of been nice to see the Fedor/Lesnar fight while both were in form.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Fedors been facing cans since Pride was folding, maybe he should face Yugi Nagat again, or Koji Kitao. Would fit most of his career.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus