Josh Koscheck Opens as Heavy Favorite Over Matt Hughes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Josh-Koscheck_large_large.jpg
Matt Hughes has a new opponent for UFC 135, and the oddsmakers believe this new opponent is apparently much more likely to beat him. Josh Koscheck volunteered to step in for Diego Sanchez after Sanchez broke his hand in training, and Hughes officially accepted the fight yesterday. I'm not sure if Hughes is a betting man or not, but this line would probably get under his skin if he saw it:

Josh Koscheck -360
Matt Hughes +280

Hughes hasn't competed since he was knocked out in 21 seconds by B.J. Penn at UFC 123 last November, but Kosceck has been out since Demember himself. He suffered a badly-broken orbital bone in a loss to UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre at UFC 124 and has spent the last nine months recovering. I have to say that I'm a little surprised that Koscheck is such a big favorite, especially when taking the fight less than three weeks' notice.

Line courtesy of bestfightodds.com