Josh Koscheck and Stephan Bonnar Talking Trash, May Meet at Middleweight

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
bonnar-shirt_large_large.jpg
Ultimate Fighter season 1 finalist Stephan Bonnar fired the opening salvo in an inter-divisional feud with welterweight contender Josh Koscheck. Now it appears they may both be willing to move to middleweight to settle it in the cage. Bonnar is a light heavyweight who normally fights at 205lbs. Koscheck is a welterweight who normally fights at 170lbs. Middleweight bouts are contested at 185lbs.

Bonnar fired the opening salvo, via MMA Fight Corner:

"Not in my division, but overall probably Koscheck. Mainly because I started a new t-shirt line called Trash Talking Kids, kinda a parody of the old Garbage Pail Kids from the 80's except with UFC fighters. He actually inspired the idea, he talks so much s**t in the Daley fight and after the fight. The whole time I see Koscheck talking s**t to him on the ground, I thought it was hilarious and I was carrying on about it. Then sure I knew he was gonna get to Daley. Turns out afterward that he was saying terrible things about Daley's mom and all that. Well it's kinda understandable that Daley tried to punch him afterwards and sure enough he got to Daley. Daley lost his cool and punched him afterwards. I thought it was the funniest thing, like he is just a trash talking kid at heart. Since then we made a whole bunch more. He got wind of it and he didn't like it and I tried to explain it to him firsthand. 'Like, look we're doing them for all the fighters. It's kinda a joke, just cartoon versions of the fighters.' His version is called Josh Koshbygosh and he kinda looks like a Cabbage Patch doll, because he really does. Anyway, so he didn't like it. Turns out we won't be able to sell his but we will be able to sell the other ones. I didn't think his was gonna sell too much anyway. We're getting hit up his lawyers at the moment, it's been a pain in the ass. So if anyone rubs me the wrong way, it'll be Koscheck for sicking his lawyers on me. I would drop a lot of weight to fight him."

Koscheck answered to Bleacher Report:

"He's never got any paperwork from my attorney's or my managers to do this shirt. He's never contacted me and he was told not to do it, he put me in breach and I had no other choice. He put my back against the wall and I didn't have any other reason to do this or choice and there's never been a problem, but now he created a problem. Now, Stephan Bonnar is calling me out and it's absurd, that p***y really needs to think about who he's calling out because when he becomes a B level fighter, then I'll take him serious. But right now, he's not even a B level fighter so I'm not taking him serious. If he does want to fight me and run his mouth and continue to run his mouth personally, then we can settle this. I'll fight him at 185 for the fans, because I know there's a lot of people out there right now that this is a big deal and I'll make that my comeback fight hopefully in October. All day long, that'd be a nice, easy comeback fight. I'd like to have a nice warmup fight and Stephan Bonnar would be that fight."

While the fight would be mostly irrelevant in their respective divisions, frankly Bonnar is utterly irrelevant at light heavyweight and has been for some time. As for Koscheck, after his one-sided, orbital bone smashing loss to welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre, he isn't exactly pivotal to the welterweight division himself.