Jorge Santiago tells Tatame that he thinks he can submit BJJ ace, Demian Maia, in the

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
JorgeSantiago_BK2a8.jpg
Jorge Santiago tells Tatame that he thinks he can submit BJJ ace, Demian Maia, in their upcoming bout at UFC 136 in Houston this October:

How are your training for the fight going?
Right after the fight was over (against Brian Stann), I took some time off and started training it step by step. I’m still not playing his game, I’m just doing a strong basic preparation. I hope to do a great fight with him. Demian wants to show his striking, so I’ll enjoy trading punches with him too.

Do you believe he’ll want to bang with you?
I don’t know. For what I could tell about his last fight, he really likes striking, but he’s strongest point is his Jiu-Jitsu. If we must strike, let’s do it.

What are your thoughts about his Jiu-Jitsu?
He has an excellent ground game. I’ve watched his fights for a long time, he has a good ground game, but mine ain’t any worst. I still haven’t had the chance to show it in MMA, but I can fight him on the floor. My ground game is focused in MMA, I don’t only work on the guard, use it to sweep… If you are not careful, I’ll get you and you’ll tap out.

You’re not afraid of Demian while on the floor?

No… If he makes a mistake, I’ll submit him.

UFC 136 coverage