Jonny Nostradamus' Updates, Ideas & Suggestions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
This isn't really fit for a site announcement (I also can't post there) nor fit for suggestions and questions, so it is going here in the locker room section.
(Obligatory tag of admins: @Cam! @Killer Orange Cat @Malcolm)
So this thread is a long time coming from me. Since being made mod, I've wanted to try and make an actual effort here and change things to the best of my ability. Though I have not figured everything out, I feel as though I must at least let my ideas be known since it seems like I have been doing less than what I can be doing, even though I am the staff most consistently on (not a dig, I'm just almost always on the site). Below I will list what's been going through my head, some of which has been echoed by other members. I don't have a lot of power, but there are certain things I can do, want to do and will suggest to do.
UPDATES
  1. First and foremost, I will be bringing back Member of the Month. It will begin the first day of next month (someone please bug me about it in case I forget). For March's MotM, nomination and voting of a winner will take place over the first two weeks of April, if that amount of time is needed. The following months will go along the same format.​
  2. Two times a month, a graphic design contest will be taking place as well (ideally from the 1st to the 13th, and then the 15th to the second to last day of the month). Hopefully this will also begin next month, but that is not a guarantee. This will be addressed again later in this thread.​
  3. If an old thread (as in no replies for OVER a year) I will personally consider it dead and not merge it with others. Not only is it dated, it would mix up conversations/other posts and cause a loss in continuity, just making it look awful. A new thread should be made to update things (along with links to the old thread), I can be tagged, and it will be stickied in the appropriate section.​
IDEAS
  1. I plan on running a video game tournament every once in a while, but with a twist to make it more accessible to those that may not have a game/console/service/etc. I'll use the EA UFC game as an example here. People sign up to be in the tournament, pick any fighter from any division in the game (i.e. Openweight) and a card would be made. The only variables that change in this game would be the actual fight mode and whether its male or female competitors. As not everybody has the game, the fighters would all be controlled by AI to keep it fair and accessible. This goes for any other game used, if it is a WWE/other wrestling game, the only variables that change are the match types and match rules. The winner of the tournament should get some form of prize, but I have no idea what that would be. It would obviously need to be something reasonable. Essentially, you're picking a character and betting on them to win it for you. They win, you win. A running record of the members with the most wins in total, as well as individual games would be kept.
  2. Appoint a specific member to staff solely to manage the WWEF social media. If we don't have access/can't get access to the old ones, then we create new ones from the ground up, which would suck, but would be needed. More social media engagement is needed because a TON of people have favored social media for wrestling discussion as opposed to forums for a while. On top of posting site updates and new things that pop up on the forum, a better, more personal presence in that realm might entice more people to join us.
  3. Updated branding is a must. Not changing colors, our colors are perfectly fine. I'm talking about a completely new logo, perhaps making a new "About Us", maybe changing how the background looks. In my opinion, a solid color background is not appealing. A wrestling related image as the background with a monotone filter would look much more appealing. Perhaps changing the background every once in a while from suggestions from forum members. I'm also a sucker for taglines/catchphrases, so one of those for the forum would be good as well.
  4. A literal WWEF Hall of Fame. An entire section dedicated to members (both past and present, regardless of bans and controversies [unless too severe]) deemed worthy by the other members. A place to also enshrine iconic posts, threads, other sections, news articles and memorable moments as deemed worthy.
SUGGESTIONS (from you)
  1. The graphic design contest needs a prize, award, a spot to showcase the winner, etc. Something I can do is change a user's title, so that is also an option as well. Any suggestions from you all, whether for themes or something else, would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Suggestions and thoughts on/for the video game tournaments are definitely needed. In terms of how it works, what a prize should be, any ideas for rules/guidelines, feedback etc.
  3. What is something you would like to see me specifically try to do on the forum? (within my limits)
  4. Any and all feedback on anything above in general.
P.S.
Any way the admins could help with any of this would be much appreciated.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The graphic contest should be once a month, make the prizes bigger and the occasion more eventful. Also the blue, black and white is nice, but those piss colors on the front page with each section being a random rainbow color is counter to the rest of the site's look, and I think they should be removed. A new logo, perhaps one that isn't just a box would be nice maybe paired with a new theme but that's another point. I personally really liked the look of the final PWF logo, and it would be really interesting to see something similar for WWEF.

Also the HoF should have a wing for actual people in wrestling, kind of like a voted HoF that a lot of publications have. A separate page that immortalizes these dudes should be made instead of a section. The CSS/page building shouldn't be too difficult. I made one on PWF back when, but XF 2.0 might be different.

Reactions: Vampire Quinn