Jon Jones Wants Another Four UFC Fights In 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Speaking to ESPN's Josh Gross, Jones confessed he now wants to repeat his four-fight efforts of 2011, which realistically would mean a return to action by April at the very latest.

"My goal is to finish every fight in 2012. If I do that, a lot of other things will fall into place naturally. I want to finish every opponent," Jones told ESPN.

"I've been thinking recently about trying to compete four times in the year again. I grew so much as a person that by doing that again in 2012 will just make me a better athlete.

"Originally I said I wanted to take off four or five months, but I may reconsider and come back sooner and have three or four fights this year."

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I don't think thats very realistic with medical suspensions and that.

Plus, he isn't going to come out of wars with Hendo and Rashad unscathed.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well that was the thought when he went against Shogun and when he went against Rampage and against Machida but he came out of all of those pretty clean. The Rashad and Hendo fight though... those would do some damage to him but I think he'll still be able to bust out about 3 fights this year.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Three fights this year would be more realistic considering who his future opponents are. The fights will be tougher and he will probably take some more damage than he has in previous fights. Plus you never know what injuries may occur during a fight or during training. I would like to see him fight four times each year because he is great to watch but I don't know if it will happen.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
He is definitely a guy that knows how to finish in a variety of ways. And being that type of fighter always makes him more exciting to watch.