Jon Jones Speaks On Anderson Silva

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
“My job is to be prepared to fight the best in the world. I will only know my limit when I face the best fighters in the world. I would rather not to fight Anderson, but if I have to fight him, I will focus on my confidence and technique,” Jones told Sensei SporTV.

The 205lbs sensation considers Silva his idol and confesses he would like to get him as his mentor when the Brazilian retires from the sport.

“I respect and look up to him so much. For me, the ideal scenario would be having him as my mentor and learn with him after he retires. It would be great for me. He could teach me how to move my body in different ways. It would be ideal - but the world wants to see us fight. Maybe that will happen, maybe not.”

The one thing Jon Jones is sure of is that Anderson Silva is the best pound for pound to date.

“Yeah, for sure. This is indisputable. It is; just look at his numbers, he is phenomenal! I’m a big supporter of Anderson. Everything he does is phenomenal, the way the behaves, how he fights, the techniques he uses, the way he moves…”

Jon recently had his request to fight at heavyweight denied by UFC president Dana White but he feels like it is his future pathway since there won’t be much work at 205lbs if (or when, according to Jones) he beats Rashad Evans, Dan Henderson and possibly Alexander Gustafsson.

“It is fun that maybe I am Anderson Silva’s clone, just younger. Who knows? Normally I walk around 100kg. I spoke with Dana White about making a heavyweight fight in 2012 but he said he didn’t consider it a good idea right now. He wants me to concentrate on the 205 division, to be an overwhelming champion.

“But after beating Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans and maybe Alexander Gustafsson in 2012, I don’t see what to do in this division, not wanting to disrespect to anybody. Maybe I will do a fight as a heavyweight in 2013, who knows?”

Well, after reading this it seems as if any possibility of a super fight between the two is as dead as ever. Which is alright with me, i don't think Jones needs to fight Silva.

Also love Jones' confidence, in the last part of this :lol:

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
The guy has confidence that is for sure. Pretty good thing to have. Just have to see if he can overcome all those fights.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pity that the Silva vs Jones fight won't be happening. Fair enough if Silva is his idol and he doesn't want to fight him, would like to see what Silva could do for him as his mentor.

Good to have confidence in your own abilities and at the moment I can't see any of those three listed beating him. You never know who could be a contender in a year's time so he may get some more quality opponents then.