Jon Fitch Not Happy With B.J. Penn

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
jon-fitch_large.jpg
Yesterday we told you about B.J. Penn's comments regarding a possible rematch with Jon Fitch. BJ claimed that Joe Silva didn't want to book the fight due to lack of fan interest. Right after that, he spoke to Carlos Condit via twitter and agreed to fight him. Clearly, Mr. Fitch isn't too happy about the situation. From Jon's twitter:

.bbpBox90604629301280768 {background:url(http://a3.twimg.com/profile_background_images/175919920/jon_fitch_medium.jpg) #1A1B1F;padding:20px;} p.bbpTweet{background:#fff;padding:10px 12px 10px 12px;margin:0;min-height:48px;color:#000;font-size:18px !important;line-height:22px;-moz-border-radius:5px;-webkit-border-radius:5px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata{display:block;width:100%;clear:both;margin-top:8px;padding-top:12px;height:40px;border-top:1px solid #fff;border-top:1px solid #e6e6e6} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author{line-height:19px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author img{float:left;margin:0 7px 0 0px;width:38px;height:38px} p.bbpTweet a:hover{text-decoration:underline}p.bbpTweet span.timestamp{font-size:12px;display:block}

@bjpenndotcom sounds like the fans want it to me. Either way we will meet again.less than a minute ago via Echofon Favorite Retweet Reply Jon Fitch
jonfitchdotnet

.bbpBox90635884604567552 {background:url(http://a3.twimg.com/profile_background_images/175919920/jon_fitch_medium.jpg) #1A1B1F;padding:20px;} p.bbpTweet{background:#fff;padding:10px 12px 10px 12px;margin:0;min-height:48px;color:#000;font-size:18px !important;line-height:22px;-moz-border-radius:5px;-webkit-border-radius:5px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata{display:block;width:100%;clear:both;margin-top:8px;padding-top:12px;height:40px;border-top:1px solid #fff;border-top:1px solid #e6e6e6} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author{line-height:19px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author img{float:left;margin:0 7px 0 0px;width:38px;height:38px} p.bbpTweet a:hover{text-decoration:underline}p.bbpTweet span.timestamp{font-size:12px;display:block}

@bjpenndotcom you broke my heart, I thought you were a man of principle.less than a minute ago via Echofon Favorite Retweet Reply Jon Fitch
jonfitchdotnet

Fitch goes on to retweet a few messages from fans asking for the fight and replies to a couple of questions. He's asked if he feels BJ is afraid to fight him again, and he responds with "I can't think of another reason he wouldn't fight me". He also points out that he was supposed to face Carlos Condit back at in the past, but Condit turned down the fight so Fitch fought Penn instead. Now that Penn and Condit have verbally agreed to fight, Fitch is out of the loop. And rightfully mad about it.