John Morrison - On the Rise

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
John Morrison had a great showing on RAW tonight in his Falls Count Anywhere Match against Sheamus. That follows a win against Chris Jericho on last week's RAW which cost Jericho his place in the WWE title match at NOC. Morrison was booked very strongly tonight and it showed off all his strengths as a performer, mainly his athleticism. His was going to win the match until Chris Jericho cost him the match.

Will this now lead to a John Morrison vs Chris Jericho feud? I hope that it does happen although I am unsure if it will since if Jericho doesn't win the WWE title at NOC he said he would retire. I think that that feud would be huge for John Morrison whose career has stagnated in recent months whilst his former tag team partner, The Miz, career has been huge.

John Morrison is missing just one thing in his skillset, mic skills. The guy has such a dull monotone voice when he cuts a promo and he really needs to work on that if he is going to become a maineventer in the future. WWE can help him though by focusing on his in-ring ability and minimising his time on the mic. If you want him to cut a promo then make it very short, straight to the point.

What do you think about John Morrison and his recent work on RAW?

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I like JoMo, I think the guy has so much talent and ability to go places. However I don't buy his face character at all. It's bland boring and he doesn't seem comfortable in it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
His best work did happen when he was a heel whether it was as a member of MNM or as champion on ECW. He excelled as a character when he was ECW champion, he was a great heel and he actually cut some decent promos then. That work continued as IC champion on RAW when he had that good feud with Jeff Hardy. Since he turned face he has become too bland and boring. He needs to go back heel or develop his face persona more rather than being a generic face. They can build on what they showed this week with Morrison's unique training regime.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I remember seeing a great match between Hardy and Morrison in Manchester, trouble is that was four years ago almost, and his career has pretty much hit the skids since.

It is partly that his character is dated, but if you are going to be that character at least be a heel. Although it is also the guy himself, JM has gotten lazy and seems to refused to work at his game. His matches have become very bland too.

A feud with Jericho might up, along with HHH Jeicho is one of the best at putting limtied talent over. It would make sense for Morrison to cost Y2J the match at NOC, then have Jericho disapear for a few months, have a slow burning storyline of him returning, turn him face and Morrison heel, and have a major feud.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is surprising that it has been that long since he debuted and that long since he had that feud with Hardy, I didn't even realise it was that long ago. He has stayed at the same level rather than moving up and evolving like The Miz has in that same time.

He hasn't really improved his promo ability this entire time and the best thing would be to change his gimmick since he can't seem to make any changes himself.

I like the idea of a feud with Jericho, will help him develop his character and will certainly help his promo work working with a guy like Jericho. He has all the experience needed to help Morrison if Morrison wants to listen and make those changes. Having Morrison cost him the match, as revenge for costing him the match against Sheamus, is a great idea and sets up a feud down the line like you said. Plus it would make Morrison a heel which is what he needs to be and give Jericho another face run.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of Morrison and I have been really impressed with him lately. He has put on a show and hopefully he continues working on this wildman gimmick with the beard and jumping off of things. I thought Morrison should have been in and win the MITB at WM 26, but WWE failed. Morrison has so much talent and should be a champion in a few years. As for promos, they aren't great but there better than guys like Orton on the mic in terms of face. I don't see Morrison turning face anytime soon, so hopefully he develops more on the mic and continues his awesome ability.