John "Doomsday" Howard Released From the UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
john-howard_large_large.jpg
I guess we won't be seeing the Anthony Johnson - John Howard grudge match any time soon. Howard has been released from the UFC following three straight losses. "Doomsday" released a video through his twitter today to confirm his departure from the company.

"Hey guys, what's up MMA world, Doomsday fans and all. Yeah the rumors is true, I got released today, the day they finally announced it. And um, the only thing I can say is...it is what it is man, you get three straight losses in the UFC and this is what happens. You know, you get kicked out of the UFC. You know, I'm not too mad about it. I tried my best. My last fight with Matt Brown, I didn't think I lost but you know when it goes to the judges, that's what happens.

My plans right now is to either go to Bellator or Dream. Or something else man, whoever makes me the best offer, I'ma go there man. Make some money, that's my goal right now. To the UFC, Dana White, Joe Silva, thank you for the opportunity but you know, right now I'm a UFC veteran, I'm gonna make some money offa that name, you know. I'm gonna make some...a lot more money now, probably. (laughs). Thank you MMA fans, thank you for the supporters, but yeah...I'm not quitting, I'm coming back and you'll see me soon."

The 28-year-old Howard had started his UFC career with four straight wins, two of them being close split decisions and one being a miracle comeback KO with five seconds to go in a fight he was losing against Dennis Hallman at The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale. He was 4-3 in the UFC overall, and picked up a fight of the night bonus for his UFC debut against Chris Wilson at UFC 94 along with a knockout of the night bonus at UFC on Versus 2 for finishing Daniel Roberts.