John Cena Is The Marine...Again

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
John Cena will be starring in "The Marine: Homefront", one of three WWE Studios films being produced for a direct to DVD release as part of a new deal the Studio has signed with 20th Century FOX, according to Deadline.com.

The Studios' existing DVD deal with Viviendi will expire with the release of "Bending the Rules" starring Edge and Jamie Kennedy. That film is expected to be released in April.

"The Marine" starring Cena was released theatrically in October 2006, making $18,844,784 at the box office. It was, to date, the most successful WWE Studios film release. The sequel, starring Ted DiBiase Jr., was released direct to DVD.

WWE has worked with Fox in the past with film distribution for the original Marine, See No Evil and the direct to DVD Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia.
One of the other films is expected to star CM Punk, as WWE Studios have actively seeking a project they can place him in.

:OhNoes:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I hope Rock rips on him for doing another shitty WWE movie if he ever tries to rag on Rock being in movies.

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Hopefully this means he will lose the feud against Kane, and also against Rock on WM

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I will not be watching this so i personally don't give a fuck if he's staring in it or not.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
First one sucked haven't bothered with the others cena is a wrestler not an actor he should stop trying to do what the rock did, at least with Rock before he was doing kid films hes films were decent to watch.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Marine was an OK action movie. No better than any other generic action movie that has been made the past decade.

Cena's acting skills are one-dimensional, but then you can say that about most anybody in Hollywood. Anyone expecting some kind of Meryl Streep shit from a WWE film?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I agree Deez for what it is it was pretty good anyone expecting more well sorry to burst your bubble but the fact that WWE films went straight to DVD after what 3 pictures pretty much says the same thing.

I still think the best one was See No Evil because it was exactly what I expected.

Wouldn't mind seeing Dibiase make a cameo.

Wonder if they'll kidnap Cena's dog in this one.

ATKOOL

Reaction score
Sick and tired of seeing Wrestlers in movies. First couple were fine, but I couldn't tell you how many movies some of these guys have been in such as Stone Cold. I only seen Condemned movie after renting it.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Meh, not too fussed on The Marine series.

I wanna see CM Punk in a movie. 8D

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Surprised it has taken them this long to put Cena in the Marine again. The first one made them a lot of money so it would make sense to go with Cena again rather than DiBiase especially since DiBiase has done nothing of note for a year or two. What WWE need to do with their films is get out of this Walmart deal and open it wide in theatres. Don't do a limited release for two weeks in ten theatres, open it in 2,500 theatres and try to make $15 million again like they did before with the first Marine.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
How anyone could have read that script and thought that it was good I just don't know. Be interesting to see how that Brodus Clay horror movie goes, they did so well with See No Evil I don't know why it has taken so long for them to go back to that genre.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
See No Evil was garbage. I'm a Horror buff so that movie just insulted me. KANE had a much better Horror movie a few weeks ago on Raw.

I'll check out the Brodus one if that really happens.

As for Marine 3... I never watched the first one or the second one but if they are gonna build on any franchise I guess this is a good choice.