John Cena given honour by make-a-wish foundation.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Make-A-Wish Foundation® Honors WWE® and WWE Superstar John Cena® for Their Commitment to Wish-Granting

PHOENIX--Today, the Make-A-Wish Foundation honored WWE Superstar John Cena and WWE for their contributions to wish kids by dedicating a WWE-themed conference room in the charity’s global headquarters.

“WWE wishes have been popular since early in the Foundation’s history and we are proud to count the WWE and its Superstars as longtime supporters”

John Cena is on pace to grant 300 wishes to kids with life-threatening medical conditions, making him the first celebrity wish granter ever to reach that lofty goal. In 2009, John Cena received the Foundation’s “Chris Greicius Award” for his outstanding efforts on behalf of wish kids.

Recently, John Cena teamed up with Post Foods to prominently display the Make-A-Wish Foundation alongside his image on newly designed boxes of Post Fruity Pebbles Cereal, which are available nationwide through March.

WWE and WWE Superstars have been granting wishes with the Make-A-Wish Foundation for more than 30 years and have donated a significant amount of funds to help cover costs associated with many of those wishes. In addition to John Cena, WWE and its talent have received the “Chris Greicius Award” award four additional times.

“WWE wishes have been popular since early in the Foundation’s history and we are proud to count the WWE and its Superstars as longtime supporters,” said David Williams, President and Chief Executive Officer for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America. “John Cena’s commitment to our mission and his connection with our wish kids make him one of our best wish ambassadors. We are grateful for everything John and WWE have done, and we look forward to them granting many more wishes in the future.”

John Cena continues to be one of the most frequently requested celebrity wishes. Tonight, John Cena is scheduled to grant two wishes at WWE Monday Night Raw® at US Airways Center in Phoenix, AZ.

Source: Lords Of Pain

That's incredible. Well played Cena. Well played.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
"John Cena teamed up with Post Foods to prominently display the Make-A-Wish Foundation alongside his image on newly designed boxes of Post Fruity Pebbles Cereal"

lololol Rocky was right.

Anyways, like I said before, Cena is a great person, and probably the most generous guy in the WWE. I greatly respect him for what he does outside of Kayfabe. Cena is probably the nicest guy you could ever meet. I can't tell you how much I respect the guy. Also, congratulations to John Cena and everything he has done for the kids with life-threatening situations.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It's news like this which makes me question whether Cena will turn heel. Who is going to replace him with this kind of stuff? Punk doesn't really fit the mold imo. The closest they have really is The Miz.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
RKO said:
Isn't Miz a mega-heel right now @[seabs]?

Yeah he is but I can't think of anyone else who really fits the media darling mold like Cena does. Orton seems to be more into spending time with his family and Punk seems to be more happy on his couch in Chicago then anywhere else.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I never got how Miz is so huge with the media? I'm just not understanding that. Also, Orton gets the most fans in the WWE currently, (besides Cena).

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
RKO said:
I never got how Miz is so huge with the media? I'm just not understanding that. Also, Orton gets the most fans in the WWE currently, (besides Cena).

Miz is just a really charismatic guy if you see these interviews you'll see why he's loved by the media.
Randy is one of the most over men in the WWE but he doesn't really seem to be a media guy to me.

Sage.

Champion
Reaction score
Wow that's truly astonishing. I don't think he needs to turn full heel, just completely change his character inside WWE but not outside.

As for who would take his place? Miz & Bryan are the only people I think who could.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I doubt Bryan could to be honest. I'm a huge fan of him but you need to be extremely charismatic to pull of that kind of role and I'm not sure Bryan has it.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I have faith in him. Bryan is pretty charismatic when he wants to be, this new role of his is sort of portraying that too. However, to get lots of kids behind you I'm sure that being buff as hell helps, Cena is huge. Don't laugh but someone like The Big O from Zack Ryders Youtube show is the sort of thing you're looking for. Someone massive but can actually speak incredibly well.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The big O reminds me abit of Batista in 2005/2006. He is a substandard wrestler with average mic skills but he's very charismatic and has epic presence.

Goldberg

The Artiste
Reaction score
Inspirational guy. It is amazing that he does this. I really cannot see how people can take the time and give this guy hate.

I am apart of this wonderful organization and I suggest anyone that loves kids to join in on this.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Goldberg said:
Inspirational guy. It is amazing that he does this. I really cannot see how people can take the time and give this guy hate.

I am apart of this wonderful organization and I suggest anyone that loves kids to join in on this.

You're close to 100 posts Mr Goldberg.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
"DON'T STEP INTO MY DOJO, MOFO!"

Just got done watching the interviews, and might I say, Miz is quite humourous outside of the ring. I've always respected the Miz, but never seen him as a media type of guy. Now I do. I like Miz that much more now.