Joey Styles comments on why Smackdown was spoiled

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Joey Styles, who manages the WWE website, responded to fans asking him why the company was posting spoilers on their own website, responding to a fan who wrote, "@ WWE and @JoeyStyles spoil SmackDown because they'd rather you get the spoiler from them than a wrestling news site."
Styles simply wrote, "Bingo!" in response.

So, there you have it folks.

source

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was his name-o.

acailler

Reaction score
Well yeah...makes sense I suppose!

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
I read this before coming onto this and honestly I don't blame them. This will actually interest more people to tune in. Also, The Rock's going to be on SmackDown, too. I can guarantee you that the ratings are going to be high.

:eek:tunga:

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Spoiling got major ratings for Foley's first title win, maybe it'll work for ADR as well.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Inb4 tag disabled^

But yeah, why they didn't do this on a live Smackdown is beyond me, although I guess it made sense to have a title change on this particular Smackdown with everybody likely to be watching it.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
A lot of people are going to watch because of The Rock. The spoiler isn't doing anything but spoiling.

ThreeXBetterThanU

The Artiste
Reaction score
Were they trying to have a Foley moment like when wcw spoiled his title win and everybody tuned in to see it?

~Three Said That~

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I was kind of upset that it was spoiled. WWE did a different type of thing with this, instead having it in like a section for spoilers they blatantly posted it everywhere. I went on Facebook and there were like 5 pages that said " BREAKING NEWS: ALBERTO DEL RIO BEATS BIG SHOW FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP". I mean there are actually people who don't read the spoilers. I dont attest to WWE giving away spoilers so people don't go to other sites, but they could at least not oversaturate it like they do everything else.