Joe Rogan Responds To Rampage Criticism

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Rogan responded to the accusations via a post on The Underground: “I think he'd beat the sh-t out of me too!â€￾

“For the record, I like Rampage a lot. I've always enjoyed hanging out and talking with him. I'm sure if I talked with him about all this stuff he would feel a lot better about it. I'm certainly not hating on him, I'm a fan.

“When I talk about his game it's because I have to analyze things objectively, and I think he's one of the toughest, most dangerous guys in the game. If I describe something that I wish he would do it's because I think his athletic and fighting potential is immense.

MMAWorld.com

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
"After your fight then you gotta, if you win, Joe Rogan gotta do an interview with you and most likely he's been talking crap about you the whole time on how you don't throw know leg kicks," said Rampage. "That's what I dread. I'm like, 'Here comes Joe Rogan.' And to be all fake in your face when he just picked apart your whole game like he's the best fighter in the world and he knows every decision you decided to make while he's sitting there commentating and watching you."

Jackson had plenty more where that came from, comparing Rogan unfavorably against the old Pride commentary team of Bas Rutten and Stephen Quadros and alleging that the accomplished Brazilian ji-jitsu player shows a bias when commentating towards grapplers.

"You know he's got good jiu-jitsu because he's so biased against jiu-jitsu guys. You can hear it in his voice," he said. "Whenever a guy is a jiu-jitsu fighter, Joe Rogan might as well be playing the rusty trombone. … I don't think you should talk down to, or -- I think you should be neutral. I'm gonna tell you guys a story. When I used to fight in PRIDE, watch Bas Rutten and Stephen Quadros commentary. Those guys were my good friends and you couldn't even tell when they were doing commentary. Even though we hung out and laughed, we hung out outside of work sometimes -- me and Steve Quadros and Bas Rutten -- we were good friends, but when I fought they weren't biased towards me. They did their job. … They weren't biased towards skills or anything like that.

"That's the way it should be. That's all I'm saying. Walk a mile in my shoes. I'm the fighter. I'm the one who had to go through training camp with injuries and I know I shouldn't do this maneuver, but I'm not gonna go and tell everybody, 'Oh, I'm hurt here so I'm not gonna do that.' And then to have some commentator say, 'Oh, he should do this, he should do this.' You just want to look out the cage while you're fighting and say, Shut the fuck up!"

Here's the Interview with Rampage that started this whole thing between himself and Joe.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Gotta agree with Rampage on that.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Win or lose (he's going to lose) he'll have an interview with Rogan this weekend, and it's going to be awkward now because of this stuff :lol:

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
So basically nobody is allowed an opinion unless its agreeing with Rampage then.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
It wasn't about opinions. It was about being biased.