Joe Hendry talks WWE NXT appearance

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

“I think one of the advantages of it happening so quickly is I didn’t have the time to overthink that aspect of it. But to be honest, this has absolutely exceeded all expectations. Like, in all ways — for the camera to shake [when the crowd reacted]. I kind of had a feeling –I started to twig that like, ‘Ok, this could be a bit of a moment here’ when there were people who work at the PC, other actual wrestlers and stars at the PC, a lot of them were talking about my song. And that started to get me to think. You know, a couple of the producers were saying they were expecting a big reaction. And I kind of just started to get this rumbling that like, ‘Oh, more people know this song and my act and are familiar with me than perhaps I realized.’

“I still didn’t think it would get that over. But, hey, it’s very hard to process. Because it’s so new, I haven’t had time to process, everything has been happening so fast. But — it doesn’t feel real, it’s awesome. I feel like — it’s total validation. Like I said, I did music for 10 years with no success and then recently I just had a song on the charts and I was like, ‘Damn, that was validation.’ And then to go out there and just have this feeling that I had something to offer the business and to go out and get that reaction.

“I managed to have like a 40-minute nap and I just woke to JBL saying that my stuff was the best stuff he’s seen in years. And I’m just like, ‘Woah.’ He was the champ when I was getting into wrestling, you know? It’s surreal, and it’s awesome, and it’s wonderful, and I hope everyone gets to experience their dream like this.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Funny he says that cuz I think someone in the chat said the NXT crowd didn’t react to his entrance…wonder which one of those is true?

Good for him though he seems like a genuinely great dude

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
They even did the camera shake gimmick when his music first hit

Reactions: Bad News Booty

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Funny he says that cuz I think someone in the chat said the NXT crowd didn’t react to his entrance…wonder which one of those is true?

Good for him though he seems like a genuinely great dude
I mean you can watch it back and hear that they very much did

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler