Jimmy Yang Says He Still Hasn’t Been Paid By TNA After Check Bounces

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Jimmy Yang angrily stated Monday night on Twitter that he still has yet to be paid by TNA Wrestling after appearing for the organization seven weeks ago. He also states that an office employee called him unprofessional after revealing on the microblogging website last Thursday that the check he was issued two weeks prior bounced.

“Seven weeks and still no check. Somebody called me and said I was being unprofessional. Not paying somebody for a job is UNPROFESSIONAL,” Yang wrote.

Yang, reviving his Elvis impersonator character, made a one night return to TNA at the June 27, 2011 Impact Wrestling taping. He lost to Low Ki in a three-way match also featuring Matt Bentley.

In February, Mike Mooneyham of The Post and Courier said in an interview that friend Ric Flair was owed a significant amount of money by TNA. Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer commented on TNA’s financial situation weeks later and revealed that the company is bleeding money and therefore behind at times in paying talent.

“They are 4-6 months behind at times in paying talent for out dates,” he wrote on F4WOnline.com. “They are often months behind in paying vendors.

“When the CFO has recruited different people to work for the company he talks about how they are bleeding money.

“When they universally have the best atmosphere at TV, their top priority, last week in Fayetteville, they then cancel the idea of future monthly non-Impact Zone tapings for months because of the cost involved. The first sign of the company getting finances to where at least they aren’t losing too much where they are worried about short-term spending would be when the tapings away from Orlando become monthly, because everyone accepts that is the next move that has to be made.

“Multiple people who know telling me.

“The entire role of Janice Carter in TNA.

“Aside from that, we have no evidence at all.”