Jimmy Jacobs says Bryan Danielson brought him into AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mtk4njy4mdm3mdqwmtixnja3.webp

Jimmy Jacobs says Bryan Danielson brought him into AEW because they needed "someone in the chaos."

Jacobs left the Impact Wrestling creative team earlier this year and joined AEW as a producer/creative team member in June as the company prepared for the debut of Collision. He was a guest on the AEW Unrestricted podcast this week and told the story of what led to him being hired by the company.

"This is what I've been doing the majority of my adult life," Jacobs said. "As for how I got here, Bryan Danielson called me, he said, 'Hey, we're starting a second show and we need someone in the chaos.' Well, I'm great in the chaos."

"They needed someone that was going to be there at all the shows," he continued.

"Also, I have no life. So it was like, 'Hey, can you just be on the road whenever?'"

Jacobs previously worked on the WWE creative team from 2015 until he was fired in October 2017. His release occurred as a result of him posting a selfie he posted with The Young Bucks, Hangman Page, and Marty Scurll on Instagram as the Bullet Club members were staging an "invasion" of WWE Raw.

During his time with WWE, Jacobs is said to have worked closely with Chris Jericho during his "List of Jericho" stage.

"Me and Chris Jericho - after I left WWE and he left - we're not talking all the time but now we're back in the trenches together," Jacobs said. "So, your bonds in life seem to be dependent on playing the same game, or having the same goal, or doing the same thing as the people around you. It's sort of an interdependence that leads to closeness of relationships. I've been in the trenches with a lot of people over the years."

Jacobs also returned to in-ring action for ROH last month. He was defeated by Shane Taylor on last week's show on HonorClub.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Jimmy Jacobs should be the new leader of the Dark Order, IMO.