Jim Ross talks AEW contract expiration, Sting's last match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
jim-ross.webp

Hall of Fame announcer Jim Ross says his AEW contract expires next month, but that he hopes to be on the call for Sting's last match at Revolution in March.

Ross opened up about his AEW contract status on this week's episode of his Grilling JR podcast, where he revealed that his deal expires on February 14. Ross also said that he had a conversation with AEW owner Tony Khan about being on the commentary team with Tony Schiavone for Sting's retirement match set for March 3.

In an aside during the podcast, co-host Conrad Thompson asked Ross if his contract expires next month:

Conrad Thompson: "That's that the day your contract's up? On Valentine's Day?"
Jim Ross: Yeah...
Ross explained that he had a conversation with Khan at this week's Dynamite taping regarding working with Schiavone at Revolution:

"I mentioned that to Tony Khan last night. He agreed. It's only right. It makes sense.
How can I say this without sounding like a turd? I think there's money in Schiavone and I working together. Not just in Greensboro, but going forward, sporadically. And we have great chemistry, we've never lost that.
If he and I are doing the match with Sting and company... I believe it's the right thing to do.
I need to get signed up so I can be there."

In discussion regarding Sting's last match likely being a Sting & Darby Allin tag match against The Young Bucks as teased during this week's Dynamite, Ross said:

"I think The Young Bucks are great opponents."
Ross went on to say that he hopes to end his career in AEW:

"I'd like to finish up in AEW... I love working with them."

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
It’s only right that JR is on the call

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Reactions: #Waddles

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Doesn't look good, if a contract in AEW is heading towards an end date without a renewal......TK been shown to just let it expire instead of dealing directly with people he doesn't want to re-up.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Tony and JR makes the most sense out of the current AEW commentators even as someone who hates current JR. Booty's idea of Tenay tho is a great shout