Jim Ross taking time off

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
jim-ross.webp

Jim Ross says he’s taking time off to heal.

On his podcast, Ross said he is taking some time off to heal his leg, starting with this week’s AEW programing.

“My doctor believes that if I take a few weeks off, I’m not sure how many, we'll see, it’s gotta heal," he said. "Being off an airplane for a few weeks will be good for my leg to heal, so what’s what I’m gonna do.”

Later in the show, Ross said that his contract with AEW has “a few months left” but reiterated he’s only taking a short time off to heal, and that Tony Khan has indicated to him that he would like Ross to remain with the company.

"It’s still got a few months left, and Tony Khan has indicated to me as early as this week, at least to my representative Barry Bloom, he’d like for me to stay," he said. "I’m not looking to go anywhere. It’s just [that] I need to heal, and that’s all."

Ross in recent months has been calling main events on AEW Collision. In the past, he’s done commentary for both Dynamite and Rampage, and has taken part in sit-down interviews with talent.

Reactions: Doom

Skyefire

Wrestling Goddest
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
VQVzDYO
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
  • Sad
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Pulling for you, JR

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Jim Ross gave a health update on the latest episode of his podcast.

The 71-year-old said he hopes to return by AEW Worlds End on December 30 but still has some health issues to address.

Ross said:

I'm taking it a day at a time. I feel great. My leg hurts, all that stuff, that's nothing new. It's an open wound and it's been open for over a year. That ain't good.

Ross noted that a suspected reason his leg hasn't healed properly is due to having high blood sugar levels. However, he has been taking insulin injections recently and his levels have come down considerably.

Ross continued:

The medicines that have been prescribed to me are working. Mentally, I feel like I'm back in the hunt competitively. I have no idea what my future is at AEW, I have no clue. And to be very frank about it, I'm not worried about it yay or nay. My work should stand on its own after 50 years for God's sake, seriously. So, sometimes I worry too much.

Conrad Thompson asked Ross if he hopes to return to AEW by Worlds End on December 30. Ross responded:

I have the corner of my eye thought about the pay-per-view coming up that you just mentioned on Long Island. But that's a hope that I would be healthy enough and able to work and work to the level that I need to work.
I don't have a date. It's just hard to plan. I don't want to set myself up for dissapointment. If I'm going to do something and I say I'm going to do it then it's going to get done but I can't commit to that right now because I still got some ongoing health issues that need to be addressed and they are being addressed.

Ross continued to speak on how important returning to the wrestling business is to him.

When you're 71 and you've spent your whole life in this business, and I have, early 20s when I got into this stuff. No regrets, it's just in my blood. As long as my heart's beating that blood, I want to be involved in some way because I still love the wrestling business.
It's cruel sometimes. It's challenging more often that not but for some reason, it's what I love. And now that Jan's gone, I need something to love. And I'm not being funny here, I need to make sure I got something in the works to fill that void because I can't replace her, God bless her, I wish I could.