Jim Ross Shares His Thoughts On Why WWE Ratings Are Down

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
On the December 14th episode of Monday Night RAW, WWE garnered a new record low audience for the show. RAW drew an average of 1.527 million viewers that night, which was down 12% from the week before.

During the Grilling JR Podcast, Jim Ross gave his thoughts about what WWE's issues are with their product and why the ratings have been down. Ross noted one issue that the company has with their television product.

"They don't have anybody hot," Ross said. "They have nobody that has momentum. Nobody is on the proverbial role. You can't start, stop, 50-50 booking, I'll beat you with a small package and then you beat me up; how do you get any [momentum]? 'He did the job so I have to give him something back,' what? Bulls--t. Not tonight, not now, it makes no sense."

"That's 50-50 booking. You can't have it both ways. Do you want the people to be happy or sad? Do you want them angry or do you want them laughing? 'Well I want them both,' well then, you're an idiot! You can't have that."

Ross also talked about Ric Flair during the podcast and infamous stories about him showing off his penis to members of the company. He said Flair loved to mess around and the way he'd do it sometimes is by dropping his pants.

"He only revealed himself when he was erect," Ross said. "Arn Anderson called it a hockey stick. That was Naitch. His spirit was undeniable. He was back to having fun again. He probably had several drinks and he was just having fun."

Ross continued to talk about Flair and stories he's heard over the years about him showing the other wrestlers his body. He said Flair enjoyed having fun with the guys and would always take everything to the next level.

"They're always embellished," Ross said. "If a high jinx happened on the 12th floor at midnight, by 12:15 they'd already been embellished in pro wrestling. They're already inaccurate. You always hear those stories, especially when he's in the room. Ric Flair with knee high socks, some sort of reptile shoes, his rope and then you had the new accessories, the mask and then bam he's going to show you the batman uniform.

"He just got a kick out of that. He was just having fun. I've seen his penis more than I deserve to admit. That was his calling card. It was all in the spirit of having fun with the boys. Naitch as he did everything, took it to the next level."
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...-thoughts-on-why-wwe-ratings-are-down-678445/

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
He ain't watchin' SmackDown.

Reactions: Carter

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Why is it always about ric flairs dick?

Carter

Capomandamento, Underboss, Consigliere, Three Captain's
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
So Drew has no momentum?

Roman has no momentum?

Roman hasn't lost a match since he's come back. And I think Drew lost twice the entire year.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So Drew has no momentum?

Roman has no momentum?

Roman hasn't lost a match since he's come back. And I think Drew lost twice the entire year.
You might be right however I don't feel like Drew is "hot"

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
You might be right however I don't feel like Drew is "hot"
I think alot of that has to do with the fact that he doesn't have a real program right now.

I'm surprised AJ seemingly only got the one match at TLC. Figured they'd stretch that out til Rumble and then the program with Sheamus would lead into Mania

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
It's kind of hard to be hot when Vince never capalize on what is hot in the heat of the moment. Look at Liv Morgan earlier this year, Otis, Black last year, and other people. It's hard to keep up the pace when you get shackled.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
What the fuck was that interview. Started off talking about ratings, then ended up about Ric Flair's dick? :lmao