Jim Ross optimistic he re-signs with AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
press-07-dax-harwood-vs-jay-white-collision-2023-09-02_001.webp

Jim Ross is optimistic he and AEW will come to terms on a deal to keep the legendary announcer in the company.

Ross signed a three-year deal to serve as a commentator and senior advisor for AEW in April 2019. The 71-year-old then revealed in May 2022 that he had recently signed an 18-month contract extension. The deal likely expires sometime in the coming months.

Ross said on this week's edition of Grillin JR that he spoke with Tony Khan about his contract recently and believes they will reach an agreement.

"I'm very blessed," Ross said. "Tony Khan has answered a lot of my prayers and I hope to continue working for AEW for the foreseeable future. That's our goal, that's Tony's goal, that's my goal. Tony and I had a nice chat about my contract last week at TV. Things are moving along well in that regard. I'm sure that between Barry Bloom, my agent, and the legal department at AEW that they're going to get something worked out. That's my belief, I'm being positive and optimistic. "

"This is the best scenario for me that I can imagine, working for a young company where when you go to work you feel invigorated, you feel excited, you're around a lot of great, young talent who want to be stars and this group of talent, boy they work their asses off."

Ross has been on the commentary team for the main events of AEW Collision in recent weeks. He told Conrad Thompson that he would prefer to do more commentary for the company.

"The only thing I'd like to do more of is call more than just the main event but that's not my call," he continued.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Jin Ross......Now I want to see a JR as a genie photoshop.