Jim Ross blog update(WWE Network,WWE NXT,WWE 2k14, etc.)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has published a new blog entry on JRsBarBQ.com. Here are some highlights.

The WWE Network launch: One would assume that if WWE was going to launch their long awaited, ballyhooed, WWE Network that it would be leading into WM30 in New Orleans as that would create a buzz for two, major events. So, my best guess regarding the Network’s launch would be in the 1st quarter of 2014 but that is merely a guess and arguably not an educated one.

Because of what I perceive will be the WWE’s target audience with their Network, who ever programs the network is going to have to have significant product knowledge and/or be surrounded with those that do. This might provide some former students of the game IE ex-wrestlers with job opportunities as time moves forward. (No, I’m not wrangling for work here.)

On NXT Talents not being called up in a timely fashion: Getting several emails here and Tweets @JRsBBQ about ‘deserving’ NXT talents not being called up to the main roster in a more timely fashion. Firstly, specifically why are they “deserving?’ Seconly, any new talent who’s naive enough to think that they can become a star simply by showing up on TV without introductory vignettes and an established game plan in place for the first 12 months of their ‘run’ is being naive and foolish.

If the powers that be cannot agree upon an introductory 12 month plan then the talent is better off staying ‘off Broadway’ and refining their game.

WWE 2K14: Getting great feedback on the new, WWE 2K WrestleMania mode of the new video game released in North American a few days ago and coming soon every where else. Jerry Lawler and myself recreated the commentary on the WrestleMania mode and had a great time doing it. This project was nostalgic in many respects and not only because of the historic nature of the matches that we called but the fact that it will likely be the last time that King and I work together on a project such as this.

Source: Pwmania

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
For the NXT thing, it's typical fans being impatient. (Don't care about the rest) Not ragging on anyone, just as fans we should be impatient. We want to see our favorite people succeed. Like, I think Sami Zayn is main roster ready right now, but why would you debut him now instead of waiting until you had an interesting angle to do with him? (Unless you want to put him in with Bryan working tag matches as part of the Authority storyline since it suits what he's doing on NXT, but even then there isn't enough focus to go around.)

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
(Unless you want to put him in with Bryan working tag matches as part of the Authority storyline since it suits what he's doing on NXT, but even then there isn't enough focus to go around.)
Good eye, I noticed that too. JBL coming down hard on Zayn.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Keep the JR updates coming, Queenie. At least it's something legitimate, not this bullshit from some dirtsheet. Actual words from someone knowledgable about the business carries a lot more weight with me than "LOL IT'S RUMORED THAT DOLPH ZIGGLER DIDN'T LACE HIS SHOES PROPERLY AND NOW HE'S BEING BURIED LOL... WE'RE GONNA USE THE WORD "BURIED" IN ALL OF OUR "NEWS"."

Reactions: RoyalRaven

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
The part on NXT is really something that is so obvious yet lots of people either forget about it or choose to ignore it. What's the point of bringing people up when you don't have anything for them? That's what gets you Husky Harris chants two years later.