Jim Miller: Anthony Pettis Losing to Guida Was 'What I Expected'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
12623-JimMillerBaron_UFC89_large.jpg
UFC lightweight Jim Miller has been near the top of the division for a very long time. He's posted a 20-2 record in his five and a half year MMA career with the only two losses coming to champ Frankie Edgar and #1 contender Gray Maynard. He's ready for his shot.

He'll fight former WEC champ Ben Henderson at UFC on Versus 5 in August. MMA Mania caught up with Miller and asked him (among other things) what he thought of Henderson's WEC rival Anthony Pettis and his UFC debut loss to Clay Guida:

MMA Mania: So your emotions didn't sway one way or another when you saw Pettis lose?

Jim Miller: It's what I expected. It was a great display of what MMA is, and what it started out as; exploiting weaknesses. Anthony just doesn't have the wrestling and grappling to deal with the guys atop this division. Frank (Edgar), Gray (Maynard), Clay (Guida), me and Melvin (Guillard), we're all great wrestlers.

The rest of the interview is very interesting as well. Miller says his dream fight would be UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre, just "to see how good he is." Read the whole thing.

More UFC on Versus 5 coverage.