Je'Von Evans SI interview; discusses break that led to WWE signing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

“I’ve been telling friends since the third grade I was going to be a WWE wrestler,” said Evans, who is 20-year-old Malachi Jeffers. “My teachers would get mad at me, telling me I needed a backup plan or I should go to college. But I didn’t listen.”
“Once I graduated, I started going crazy on the indies,” said Evans, who is the first professional wrestler to graduate from the College Prep and Leadership Academy. “All I wanted to get paid was a little money for food. I was grinding, and it paid off.”
The breakout moment occurred last year during WrestleMania weekend. During the GCW For The Culture show in Los Angeles, Evans was outstanding in his multi-man match.

“I wasn’t originally booked, but my friend was wrestling on the card and he couldn’t make it, so I asked if I could take his place,” said Evans. “The promoter said I could, and I was like, ‘Say less.’ One of the agents for WWE was at that show, and we spoke after the match.”
Gabe saw me in this elimination match, and after I got eliminated, he met me at the curtain,” said Evans. “He was like, ‘We need to exchange info right now.’”
“I want to become the youngest NXT champion ever, so I’ve got to turn it up,” said Evans. “It’s time to go crazy and show something you’ve never seen before.”

Reactions: Jimmy King

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Can see him really getting over big on the main roster when the times due to his style. Only 20 aswell, future should be bright for him.

Reactions: Jimmy King