Jerry the King Lawler provides health update

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
jerryrecovery.webp

While speaking with Bill Apter, Jerry "The King" Lawler gave an update on his recovery from a February stroke.

Lawler suffered a massive stroke on February 6. Less than two months later, he was able to appear via video at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony. Lawler later made an in-person appearance during a commercial break when Raw was in Memphis this August.

Lawler told Apter that he's still going to rehab three times per week. Working on his speech is the biggest obstacle Lawler has.

"I've had a bunch of different things done, and I’m still going to rehab three times a week. And probably the main thing that's drawing me back now that you could probably tell as you hear me talk, my voice is not the same as it was beforehand," Lawler said. "It's slowly coming back, but it needed to come back a little more before I could go and do -- just making sense with my speech and vocabulary."

Lawler explained what the rehab process entails.

"One is speech. That's my main one. That's three times a week. When I just started this right after I had the stroke, I could barely talk," Lawler said. "Well now I go in and I sit down with this rehab lady and we just talk about different things and she had me read stuff. All of this stuff has just helped me day in and day out to get my vocabulary better. And then I do, oh gosh what's it called, anyway it's where my right arm and my right leg and everything on the right side of the body is still, it's not hurting me where I can't walk around, I can still walk around, but I don't have really good control of writing my autograph."

Lawler said he can write his autograph pretty good, but he's always been proud of his artistic ability and it's taken a while to come back.

Apter asked Lawler what he'd like to say to the fans who have been wanting to hear from him.

"I would like to say thank you for being concerned and worried about my upkeeping and what I've had going on," Lawler responded. "It's just awesome to know that there are fans out there that really are wondering what am I doing during my time off and it's nice to talk to them.”

Last month, Lawler was able to make his first convention appearance since suffering the stroke. He appeared at the Memphis Comic Expo.

Lawler previously suffered a stroke in 2018.

Reactions: Doom

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
This man just keeps cheating death. First the heart attack and now 2 strokes? You cant keep the King down.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
That is good that he is still alive with us. We don't need to lose more all time greats.