Jericho Offered 7 Figure Deal......

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

We reported here yesterday that Chris Jericho has been in regular contact with WWE and the two sides are discussing Jericho's return to the company. We have another update to the Chris Jericho situation.

Chris Jericho and WWE remained in contact ever since Jericho's contract expired in the summer of 2005. Things have heated up ever since Jericho's appearance on Larry King Live in July. Anybody who saw Jericho's appearance knows that Jericho was very protective of WWE's role in the tragedy, laying the foundation for his eventual return. Jericho also became very friendly with WWE champion John Cena.

Since Larry King, Chris Jericho has been in more regular contact with WWE. WWE is ready to give Jericho a guaranteed 7-figure deal to come back.

So both sides are negotiating. WWE wants Jericho, Jericho's open to returning .. While anything can happen and the deal could fall through, it's likely only a matter of time before Y2J is back in WWE.

Great News for Jericho fans and WWE fans......so basically this may as well confirm that Y2J will be back in no time

The Ripper

Reaction score
no way he is going to TNA or anyother promotion. Nobody can beat what WWE is willing to offer. It would be great to see Y2J back in a ring especially if he is on Smackdown

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
i might actually start watching WWE again if this happens.

50 bucks says a short fued between Jericho/Cena starts, Cena squashes him because Vince thinks "Its the ultimate big win" (like the fucker needs another) then he goes to SD, fueds with Khali, then with Edge and/or Taker

Reaction score
If Jericho makes his return to the WWE; it will indeed be on Raw, as if Raw needs anymore talent.

Anyway, this is huge for not only Jericho fans but WWE fans across that globe. A Jericho return would be equally as big as a Rock return or a Stone Cold Steve Austin return.

I just hope that this is true and I want to see Y2J in the ring as soon as possible! But I still think that Jericho should come to Smackdown.

The Ripper

Reaction score
Jericho?Kennedy could be good to watch if he was on raw but i want to see Jericho/Edge.

Barurot

Reaction score
Jericho's return would probably make WWE worth watching again no matter which brand he is put in... :)

3lions

Reaction score
I'm bored of all the Jericho talk now. I just want him to return already!

Jericho/Cena
Jericho/Edge
Jericho/Kennedy

Those are the three big matches I want to see (again). He will obviously return as a HUGE face, but Jericho shines as a heel and should revert to that persona once his honeymoon period upon his return has ended.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I cant wait for jerico to return id like to see him on raw but think smackdwn need him more be good to see him agains ppl like taker edge kali.HURRY up and come back already

Soulpower

If he comes back he should go to SD. SD needs more help in the roster that RAW does. And it makes sense from a kayfabe point of view if you remember that the last time we saw Jericho in a WWE ring he was fired from RAW. Of course, the most likely scenario is SD getting raped again and Y2J going to RAW to be a part of an already loaded roster.

Great One

Thank you god, finally... (insert JR quote here)

Yes, I think he should go to SD probably, but he will most likely debut on RAW.

Time to get a Jericho sig...

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Y2J on Raw wouldnt be good at all imo.....Although he could have some dream matches...it still owuld bury more deserving guys,and add to the loaded up roster....Chris on SD! would also deliver dream matches on SD...but at the same time he'd be adding some seriously needed star power....

Another name that I would love to see on Smackdown is Shawn Micheals...but thats a totally difftrent topic.

Keeb Daddy

Reaction score
Jericho/Kennedy would have the potential to be a CLASSIC feud... especially if they tied in a quality storyline and dragged it out over a few PPV's...

also, Jericho/Orton could be really exciting...

I wouldn't really want to see him go back to feuding with guys like Edge and Triple H... guys he already has had some history with...