Jennifer Pepperman discusses joining AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

"It initially started with a conversation with Mercedes. I worked very closely with her at WWE. And so it sort of started as a conversation of she has this really great opportunity to come to this really great company and would I have any interest in coming along with her. First, I have to say I adore Mercedes — not only as a person but as a talent. She’s one of those people, she’s just really, really special. She’s someone who has been a pioneer in this industry. People talk about breaking down barriers and shattering glass ceilings, well that’s exactly what Mercedes has done. She’s so inspiring to me. I think Mercedes doesn’t even actually know how talented she is.

We just really connected creatively. I love the creative process. What I love most about the creative process is that it’s collaborative. I believe the creative process is best when it’s collaborative, and Mercedes is a really great collaborator. We work really well together, and I just believe in her so much. The WWE was a really great place for me. I worked with a lot of really great people there. I have a lot of friends there. I wish them well. But for me, Mercedes and I, our working relationship was really unique and really special. And so, it was a chance to continue that journey wherever it might take us.

I have to say one other thing though about coming to AEW. That was the first step and when I met with Tony [Khan], I immediately wanted to come work here. From his creativity, his passion, his joy, his love for professional wrestling, his mind. So, Mercedes was the first step and as soon as I met Tony, I was like, ‘I need to be here.’