Jeff Hardy says he's going to AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Jeff Hardy says he is AEW-bound.

"I'm going to AEW," Hardy said as he was interviewed by Jared Myers during a meet-and-greet in Louisville Kentucky on February 19.

Video of the interview can be seen below. The AEW comment comes at the 7:16 mark.

Post Wrestling confirmed with Myers that Hardy confirmed that he is headed to AEW when his 90-day WWE non-compete clause expires. Hardy was released by WWE on December 9, 2021 following an incident during a house show where Hardy left the ring during a match.

The house show incident has since been parodied on AEW television, with Tony Schiavone making reference to "erratic behavior" during a Matt Hardy segment on the February 9 Dynamite.

Dave Meltzer reported on January 28 in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Hardy was likely going to AEW if he did not return to WWE, and also reported that WWE had reached out to Hardy in an attempt to bring him back into the fold, including offering a WWE Hall of Fame induction, but Hardy turned the Hall of Fame offer down.

Meltzer wrote:

Hardy is still under contract with WWE through 3/9 so AEW can’t make a legal offer to him, but the belief is that unless he goes back to WWE, which at this point doesn’t look like it will happen, he would be AEW bound.

Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy will reunite at a Big Time Wrestling event on March 12, the first time the duo have teamed in three years.

Reactions: Swerve

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't think he's supposed to talk about this before his no compete is up :francis and if i have that wrong I'm still kinda mad he's spoiling even if it was already obvious he's coming lol