JBL News (Mountain Climb/Royal Rumble)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
- WWE announcer JBL is back with a new blog on Facebook and reveals that he has pulled a muscle in his shin, causing his next climb to be re-scheduled from January to February 24th. This will allow JBL to work the Royal Rumble pay-per-view. He wrote:

"Good news for WWE (at least I hope so), was scheduled to go to South America January 11th to attempt to climb the highest mountain outside of Asia, Aconcagua, located in Argentina. I would have missed Royal Rumble.

However, been training like crazy to get ready to climb a mountain nicknamed Mt Death. Unfortunately, I have pulled a muscle in my shin due to overtraining and no possible way I could climb to almost 23,000 feet in less than a month. So, I am postponing till February 24th-thanks in a HUGE way to Mountain Madness, best mountaineering group in the world, that helped me get on a different climb.

So, I will not miss any PPVs and will be back in time for Mania-unless of course I die up there:)

I can walk fine, with pain, but can't push off with my right foot. So I now have 10 1/2 weeks till I climb. Excited my locker mate in college (I was number 71 and he number 72, so we were beside each other in locker room for 4 years) is going with me-really cool.

I'm looking forward to climbing again as I keep preparing for Mt Everest and raising money for great kids I get the opportunity to work with in Bermuda."

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Good news all round but why is he climbing this? I'm guessing it's a charity thing but not certain.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
He has a charity for underprivileged children in Bermuda. When he's not working for WWE he lives there. He's getting sponsored, and raising money for these kids by climbing the world's 7 highest peaks. I think he's done 2 so far.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
JBL legend have s much time for stars who do things like this for charity pushing themselves in challenging ways.

Shame he's hurt but good news for WWE as he states always great to have him on commentary.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
He's climbed two so far of which he reached the top of one. He had to abandon the Russian one. His next one to climb is perhaps the most dangerous one. Aconcagua in South America, also known as Mt. Death

acailler

Reaction score
I'm sure Vince would have just bought the mountain, move the mountain to the arena...have the mountain enter at Number 30....and Win the Rumble.

Reactions: Dat Kid1 and Crayo

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: JBL News (Mountain Climb/Royal Rumble)

Acailler said:
I'm sure Vince would have just bought the mountain, move the mountain to the arena...have the mountain enter at Number 30....and Win the Rumble.

:dawg: people should begin to love this guy more

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Acailler said:

:haha: MT. Death HOF inductee 2013