JBL interview

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Putting it in here since he talks about Smackdown wrestlers and Smackdown the show.

Former WWE Champion JBL has a new blog up on Facebook talking about the fallaway slam that he used. JBL noted that he copied the slam from someone in Japan and never used it in WWE until Scott Hall left because it was one of the signature moves for Hall’s Razor Ramon character. JBL then wrote the following about fans discussing his gimmick being stolen by Alberto Del Rio. He also teases the SmackDown commentator job again:

“I see it used now by others, cool. I didn’t own it and I didn’t create it, very little was created in this business so theft is common-but it isn’t really theft if the guy is gone, which I am and Scott was when I started using it.

I remember the pump handle slam I did, I got it from Scott Steiner, and Road Dogg asked if he could use it for a finish, which of course I agreed. That’s how things work.

So when Alberto Del Rio steals my gimmick, got no problem with it-I stole it from Ted Dibiase and JR Ewing. Even George Wagner stole things and maybe his whole gimmick-look that one up on ‘Gorgeous George’ and Danny McShane (sp?).

Great business, glad to be a part.

Smackdown commentator job? I got mountains to climb first for my kids I work with, but ‘never say never’.”

source

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Nice read. I'd like to have him back as a commentator but I hope he is able to reach his goal by climbing the mountains.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He's such a fucking cock tease, come back you pussy.

Anyway his gimmick recycling point is a great one and it's nice to see he isn't bitter about his being redone.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Glad to see he's putting his thing for the children first. This whole interview shows that he is a great person, and he is respectful. He is right, it's wrestling it's not really stolen if you can do it right, and everyone knew about Ted DiBiase before JBL. Also you have to make a name for yourself separately, Ted made his way by managing major stars, and even creating the Million Dollar Championship. JBL did by becoming the longest world champion in smackdown history. Now it's up to Alberto Del Rio to make his own history. Also, would like to see JBL on commentary after he is done climbing those DAMN mountains. :damn: :jbl:

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it stealing a gimmick. more like reusing. I was watching an interview about the guy who sandow asked if he could use his gimmick. It's kind of cute that they ask for their permission even though they dont have to. just like ryback asking RVD about the singlet :yay: