Jacy Jayne on Toxic Attraction breakup

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
toxicattack.jpg

While appearing on Busted Open Radio, Jacy Jayne discussed her breakout moment from last week's NXT.

Toxic Attraction imploded with Jayne turning against Gigi Dolin in the main event angle of NXT last Tuesday. The split had been building for weeks and finally happened after Jayne and Dolin unsuccessfully challenged Roxanne Perez for the NXT Women's Championship in a triple threat match at NXT Vengeance Day.

Jayne was asked during her Busted Open Radio appearance if she feels like she's starting to get more credit recently and if people are now understanding where she's coming from.

I think recently I've been starting to get more credit for everything, especially honestly after Mandy [Rose] left. Like, as sad as that whole situation was -- and we tried to make the most of it going forward -- I feel like that kind of helped me break out of this Toxic Attraction shell. Now people were paying attention to me more and listening to what I had to say. I do think it's been -- I haven't gotten a lot of credit while we were all together. But now I'm starting to show my character and how much I've grown over the last year and a half, two years. I think this was honestly my breakout moment. Even at Vengeance Day, it was kind of sink or swim for us. Like, 'Now you're on your own. You have to prove that you can do it by yourself.' So I went into that match with that mind frame. Like, 'You need to kill this performance because if not you don't know what's going to happen going forward.'

In a scene similar to the breakup of The Rockers, Jayne sent Dolin head-first into a door when she turned against Dolin. Jayne told Busted Open Radio that she got Shawn Michaels' blessing to "redo some history" with the angle.

So I actually didn't really know much going into that day. They were kind of very hush-hush about everything happening. All I really knew was I was going to be on 'Ding Dong, Hello!' So that's a lot of pressure having Bayley come back. It was the first time she even had that show in -- I think -- like two years. It was also the first time it was ever in front of a live audience because that was always done during the pandemic era. So I feel like there was a lot of pressure going into that alone.
And then kind of getting Shawn's blessing to redo some history there. That's a big deal for me. I didn't want to mess it up. I didn't want to screw up. I wanted to make a memory. I think everybody knew Toxic Attraction was going to explode soon. But to make it memorable, we had to go big. So we wanted it to be vicious. We wanted it to be memorable. We wanted people to talk about it. Not just something like, 'Oh, that was a good segment. Yeah, whatever. Now they're by themselves.' Like, no, we want people to remember this and be like, 'Oh, this is a new coming for two new superstars on a solo route.'

WWE will follow up on the breakup of Toxic Attraction with Jayne explaining her actions on NXT this Tuesday night.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I was hoping she would mention the stiff kick.