IWF/GFX Training Facility!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Klide

Reaction score
So Im proud that there has been a lot more action in the GFX section. Therefor Im holding out some help to new GFX'ers. So if your new to GFX and want to improve your work, please post some of your work here. Myself and hopefully others would be glad to help improve your work :).

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
DWS.jpg

jiggaman.jpg

MONTY.jpg

HELP!

Klide

Reaction score
Tbh I don't think you need that much help. There pretty good imo. But you should try multiplying your psd and smuggig them and changing settings. Other than that looks great.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
:happpy:

You wanna' go in a little more depth, about the multiplying PSD and smugging them stuff? What's smugging?

Toddy

Reaction score
I think he meant to say Smudging.

Personally I don't like them but as a beginner they are about the norm. Try to have a focus point as none these do. Try to make them clean and to not have so many effects on each pic or PSD. Add some more colour as black is the predominant colour I see when looking at this and is quite boring.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
And smudging is?

Also, yeah that's why I think my work is pretty crappy. I prefer the clean cut style in your sig, but how the hell do I get that? I find it hard to blend nicely, and then still have a nice feel, unless maybe putting the images I use through a filter?

Toddy

Reaction score
Smudging is a tool and probably best to google it as i6t is heard to explain unless Kilde can explain it.

But but a for me when startign I multiplied the PSD and then on the back layer made it gausian blur about 10pixels.

My sig was made by JWind and to make it more clean cut he put a Gradient Map over the sig to make it all the same colour.

Klide

Reaction score
And smudging is?

Also, yeah that's why I think my work is pretty crappy. I prefer the clean cut style in your sig, but how the hell do I get that? I find it hard to blend nicely, and then still have a nice feel, unless maybe putting the images I use through a filter?

[YT]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LgPi3tNatWs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LgPi3tNatWs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Ok. I know my way around photoshop pretty well but I just can't get my work to reflect it. I suck at making PSDs and I also suck at backgrounds

1chiban

Reaction score
If I may - I don't really like the effect on the Jay Z psd on the far right of that one. It never looks good unfortunately and you are not the only one. But I agree with the blending/smudging.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
JOHNCENA.jpg

I felt like I coulda' done way more with this, but I was too pussy to do so :(

What do you guys think? How can I improve it?

Klide

Reaction score
Looks good with me :) You could join the League when ever your ready if you want.

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
Out of my four sigs in the showroom thread, these two are the best by far. I feel the RVD one is missing something. I think I overused the Filter Colored Pencil options.

2ccuhxl.jpg

I feel that this one needs more...something. Don't really know what.
skztxe.jpg