• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
44292_large.jpg
UFC veteran Ivan Salaverry will come out of retirement to replace Phil Baroni at BAMMA 6 and fight Brit Matt Ewin on May 21. Salaverry hasn't competed since 2008, losing by armbar to Rousimar Palhares at UFC 84. From Sherdog:

"I am absolutely excited and really honored to be making my entry back into MMA on BAMMA's stage," said Salaverry in a statement. "In the past few months of negotiating, I just kept training and telling my team that I had to be ready, and now here I am. [I'm] ready to get out there and perform to the level that will hopefully put me on a championship contention course."

Salaverry has a 13-7 record in MMA, including fights against Matt Lindland, Joe Riggs, and Nate Marquardt. He is most known for the "Salaverry Crucifix" highlighted in this Jon Jones Judo Chop.

Baroni pulled out of the fight due to a rib injury he suffered in his last fight on March 25.