Is this Punk promo better than his shoot?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
As everyone knows, that shoot was a magnificent moment. It was one of the best promos in recent years, but where does his promo with Vince and then Cena rank with it? I think this is one of the greatest promo's I've seen, period. Mainly because of the content and delivery, it was quite extraordinay. Anyway, decide for yourselves, it's below.

For those who missed 2011, this was was the period which is mentioned so much on here, where everyone loved Punk.

Part 1

Part 2

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The yankees comment bettered the shoot on it's own IMO. He had true venom when he delivered it.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah his regular promo right here was more enjoyable than his shoot which was also awesome.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
I've never seen this promo before. its awesome! .. hungry for icecream now though.

Reactions: Donald Trump_

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I like the promo, wasn't as impactful as the shoot but it was very close, both in content and delivery.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
im not sure if it's better. they're both awesome. no need to compare them to each other :p

Mainstream87

The Artiste
Reaction score
Ambrose said:
im not sure if it's better. they're both awesome. no need to compare them to each other :p

Pretty much. I like this promo a lot but most of his promos around that time were all epic.

army_george

Jobber
Reaction score
i loved when he said i will kick you in the nuts and you will smile and tell me you like it :D

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The shoot was a good monologue but this exchange with Cena and Vince is just golden.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Kind of borrowing on what Stop mentioned... It would be hard to compare the two since one was a monologue and the other involved interaction and exchanges with two big names in the company. Completely different situations.

Either way, it would be hard for me to say which one I really liked better. I thoroughly enjoyed both of them, of course, and they were each major turning points in their own rights. To me, they're both epic, and I could happily listen to both of them over and over again.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
I think he's delivered many promos that were better than the shoot since then. He had some great ones with Triple H as well which you could tell were from the heart. He managed to have a good balance of serious rants mixed with his wit with remarks about Steph, The Chapperone etc.

The shoot - although incredibly delivered - is so famous because it's shock factor, the fact that some guy who I imagine wasn't particularly relevant at the time came out and just shot down every single corporate jackass in the company. I agree this one is better than the shoot, along with a couple more in recent times, however the shoot will obviously be remembered for much longer because it had the shock value.