Is this going to be the way every week?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It's just Wrestlemania season. They always have the big stars in at this point, I expect the youth movement to truly kick into effect around July.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It was reported months ago that Vince canned the youth movement.

Even if it is wrestlemania season, Rock/Cena is going to draw regardless. Both of those effectively take up an hour of the show (a 2 hour show), then chuck in advertisements and SmackDown matches you have about 20 minutes for RAW superstars.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Either way they always push at least one young star in the summer, such as Punk and Barrett so I should imagine they'd do the same again. They're putting priority on those to try and pop a big rating it seems. Rather than attempt to build a feud.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Further proof that wwe don't give a shit about its two world titles.The Bryan vs Sheamus match has had very little build up.

#Heel1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Well if we got a taste of the big matches, ie. Jericho and Punk tag team last Monday, the anticipation wouldn't kill us to the point of wanting to watch said match.

Wrestlemania is the only PPV i actually buy btw. small price to pay for getting to see everything else free.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
#Heel said:
Well if we got a taste of the big matches, ie. Jericho and Punk tag team last Monday, the anticipation wouldn't kill us to the point of wanting to watch said match.

Wrestlemania is the only PPV i actually buy btw. small price to pay for getting to see everything else free.

I despise tag-teams like that. What did that tag-team accomplish last week? The week before was exceptional (in Punk vs Jericho scenario), this week was just anti-climatic. But hey, Teddy Long was in charge so I should have expected it :tagteammatch:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Youth movement? I must have missed it

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
As was said, it's this way because it's Wrestlemania season. It is funny, though, that 3 out of 4 people in the double main event are all veterans (from the Attitude Era) who will disappear (from in-ring action) after WM is over. And if we turn to the world title matches, Jericho is a veteran as well, not a young(er) guy, and hell, there's even rumors that he'll be leaving shortly after Wrestlemania as well. And then there's Sheamus-Bryan, both young guys, but the irony is that this has been the least built up of all the main matches and I'm guessing very few people care about how it turns out.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
lol you really just mentioned Dolph's 10 minute title reign to me???

Rage

And Swagger's, while slightly longer, was an even bigger fail.