Is the low blow Shinsuke Nakamura's new finishing move ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
I noticed Nakamura did it at WrestleMania 34 to AJ Styles after he failed to win the WWE Championship two weeks ago, to turn heel and he's been doing it ever since. Is that going to be his new thing from now on ? I dig the new attitude where he pretends to not speak English when being interviewed backstage and even added lyrics to his music to stop the crowd from singing along with it. But this "punch in the balls" thing can't last forever.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I noticed Nakamura did it at WrestleMania 34 to AJ Styles after he failed to win the WWE Championship two weeks ago, to turn heel and he's been doing it ever since. Is that going to be his new thing from now on ? I dig the new attitude where he pretends to not speak English when being interviewed backstage and even added lyrics to his music to stop the crowd from singing along with it. But this "punch in the balls" thing can't last forever.

It's not a finisher, it's a move to garner heel heat...and prevent AJ from repeating the Claire Lynch storyline in WWE...

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
  • Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
When I get hit the balls, my shoulders aren't being pinned down onto the floor. I'm rolling over the floor with agony.

Then again, Toru Yano does this:

Who ironically was also a founding member of Chaos, the stable Shinsuke Nakamura lead.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Frankly...I find everything about Heel Nakamura pretty lame...

The low blows aren't funny, his new theme music is awful &
frankly I think its incredibly sad the WWE couldn't book him
probably as a face on the main roster...

But he's foreign...so yeah...make him a heel...whatever.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Frankly...I find everything about Heel Nakamura pretty lame...

The low blows aren't funny, his new theme music is awful &
frankly I think its incredibly sad the WWE couldn't book him
probably as a face on the main roster...

But he's foreign...so yeah...make him a heel...whatever.

Sorry, no speak English.

ezgif-4-f82af2aa75.gif

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
But hey if groin shots, terrible music & vaguely racial
statements are what entertains you...I hope you enjoy it.

I'll...what is it I usually do when the WWE serves up a pile
of visual shit...oh yeah...

SKIP!!!

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I like low blows but honestly, they're overdoing it by having a guy who doesn't have to resort to that sort of tactic using it so often.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I like low blows but honestly, they're overdoing it by having a guy who doesn't have to resort to that sort of tactic using it so often.

Is it a little excessive? Yes, still hilarious? Yes, for now at least.

But hey if groin shots, terrible music & vaguely racial
statements are what entertains you...I hope you enjoy it.

I'll...what is it I usually do when the WWE serves up a pile
of visual shit...oh yeah...

SKIP!!!

And for me, I disagree quite a bit. Is the "No Speak English" thing mildly racist? I say if you look at the context of where it started, not really. I mean, Shinsuke lost his cool by losing his Wrestlemania debut and didn't want to answer for it. Renee Young didn't accept his obviously disingenuous answer, and he got tired of her so he said that to say "Fuck you, you won't respect me, I won't respect all of you." And in a way, it's great because he is not the type of person to do long promos due to the fact he's doing them in a second language. So it's a way to get heel heat because he refuses to speak to the fans and it also plays to his strengths which are his stiff in-ring style of kneeing people in the head, and his facial expressions and body language as being over the top like a sneaky villain. As for the low blows, as I said, for now, still hilarious, but I'm sure eventually he will mix it up.

And for the theme music, it's not everyone's taste, but I love it because it's remixed to be a bit more heavy, fitting the heel character, and the lyrics, I get are hard to get used to as they are over a familiar tone and are a different language, but it makes it harder for the fans to sing along to his song. Something which Corey Graves even rationalized on commentary saying "I talked to Shinsuke earlier and he said he changed it because he was tired of the fans singing along to it." which is another way to get heel heat as we all love to go "Whooo-ooooh oooohhh" to the melody.

Personally, I'm loving heel Shinsuke because they're allowing him to show a smug personality, while simultaneously playing to his strengths. Would I have liked if they booked him better as a babyface? Of course! NXT proved it could work in the United States. But sometimes you need to turn heel before you can be completely over as a babyface (WWE, take notice with a certain Big Dog). Look at AJ Styles. He's the top babyface on Smackdown and he's tied for the biggest non-Cena Merchandise seller. He had his following beforehand from outside of WWE, like Shinsuke, but when it came to the casual fans, he wasn't quite as beloved. When he turned heel, he eventually won over everyone to the point where he was getting the loudest face reactions as a heel. Which lead to a face turn which is working now. This heel turn is win-win. If Shinsuke wins over the crowd again, you have a character to build off of for when he turns face again, or if he doesn't, you have a strong top heel. Plus Shinsuke made his name in New Japan as the leader of Chaos when they were pretty much heel, so he can play a heel.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I love shinsukes low blows. His reactions afterwards are the best.