Is Samoa Joe ovrrated ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

03mnm

Reaction score
No I am not talking about Joe in the company cause we all know he is Underrated but I mean if you listen to Joes fans they make him sound like He is the best thing in Pro Wrestling and news flash he is not.

Someone made a comment in another thread about how Joe is the best Technical Wrestler in pro wrestling and that made me laugh cause Joe is a good Technical wrestler but Joe doesn’t even match up to a guy like Bryan Danielson who is by far the best technical Wrestler at the moment in pro wrestling in my opinion.

In My opinion to be successful in pro wrestling you need four main things. Talent, Charisma, good mic skills and finally you need to be over with the crowd. On that scale Joe only has two of those things that are talent and he is over with the crowd for some weird reason.

Joe fans and Joe himself moan about how much he doesn’t get pushed enough and he should be given the World title. I know he is a good worker and yes he does deserve a title but there are people on that roster who deserve it a whole load more than. Christopher Daniels deserves it more he is been in TNA since the beginning, never receives the huge push that Joe has been getting but he doesn’t throw his toys out of the pram just cause he hasn’t been handed the title, he is still busting his guts putting on great matches everywhere.

MY final statement is Samoa Joe needs to be grateful to TNA. Without TNA Joe wouldn’t have received the main stream exposure as he has on spike TV. As good as ROH is they do not have 3 hour Monthly PPVs or a primetime TV slot. I know Angle ran over Joe taking all titles and ending his Undefeated Streak but still Joe has been given such a huge push remember he has only been in TNA for about 3 threes and he has received more of a push than Christopher Daniels ever had. Personally I hope Joe leaves at the end of his deal because TNA have a load of talent that can take over his spot (AJ, Fallen Angel, Chris Harris, James Storm, Robert Roode, and Ron Killings). Sorry to piss all you Joe marks but I had state my opinion.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
I think he's overrated along with most indy-stars. I mean people talk up about how great these guys are,then when they get in an actual company they kinda seem a bit disappointing,thats if they're even noticable.

PeepShow

I noticed you caught on to my sayin as you put it in your sig :D

As for the thread itself. I dont feel like explaining this again, so check the other Samoa Joe thread and I think you will see it in there and maybe some of my other recent posts.

03mnm

Reaction score
I think he's overrated along with most indy-stars. I mean people talk up about how great these guys are,then when they get in an actual company they kinda seem a bit disappointing,thats if they're even noticable.

Yeah I have noticed that especially with CM Punk and Samoa Joe I mean before they got main stream all you ever heard was how great they are but after about 3 years they good but not great.

I noticed you caught on to my sayin as you put it in your sig

LoL Samoan StretchMark Classic line Peep.

Barurot

Reaction score
It really depends, of course Samoa Joe fans willd efend him, just like anyone would defend their favorite wrestler no matter how good or crappy the worker is. I wouldn't say Joe is the best wrestler but he is defintely one of the better wrestlers these days (for me that is...) a great all-rounder in terms of skills, mic skills may need some work but nothing that can't be improved upon... I do agree on some of your points that Christopher Daniels SHOULD get a major push and not just get stuck in midcard hell...

Reaction score

They're dissapointing because if they go to WWE their move sets get watered down to hell, and if they go to TNA, they are booked completely incorrectly.

Samoa Joe is not overrated, and I have never heard once anyone call him the best technical wrestler in the world. But Samoa Joe is one of the best overall wrestlers in the world. I mean look, its not his fault that TNA's booking sucks and they had to get Angle's wife involved in the feud. I still believe that Joe is one of the best wrestlers in the world. I don't care if he's fat, carries a towell around, whatever, the main point still remains-he can still put on great matches.

Reaction score
^ agreed, it doesnt matter if he is fat or any of that bullshit, he still CAN put on 5 star matches its just that TNA isnt letting him because of the stupid booking with Karen Angle getting involved which ruined the Joe/Angle fued. Samoa Joe is one of the best wrestlers in the world and TNA is gonna feel pretty bad once Joe leaves for ROH...hopefully

Reaction score
I agree with 03mnm and PeepShow.

"Free TNA from the Samoan Stretchmark"

^^HAHA! Classic Peep!

xtremebadass

I think Joe is over rated period. He sucks, he doesn't live up to the hype, and if he was soooo great he would have been world champion by now. If TNA would have never pushed him they would have been pushing Monty Brown, which would have kept Brown there in the first place. Samoa Joe=Monty Brown's defection to ECW.

Reaction score
I agree with 03mnm and PeepShow.

"Free TNA from the Samoan Stretchmark"

^^HAHA! Classic Peep!

Nah, its more like "Get rid of TNA's booking team, because they can't book a wrestler as simple as Samoa Joe ". Yeah, thats more accurate. It should be easy as fuck to book Samoa Joe. I mean, all you have to do is have him go out and wrestle instead of putting in all this extra bullshit that does nothing for the match.

But hey, your still all mad because Matt Bentley spoke the truth, and Joe isn't going to come back because morale in the locker room sucks, and will inevitebly lose some of their good talent, so whatever. I mean, you already ripped into Matt Bentley saying he never did anything with TNA even though hes a former X Division champ, and your acting as SJ hasn't done anything even though hes the former champ for a company that completely trounces TNA right, so yeah.

03mnm

Reaction score
Nah, its more like "Get rid of TNA's booking team, because they can't book a wrestler as simple as Samoa Joe ". Yeah, thats more accurate. It should be easy as fuck to book Samoa Joe. I mean, all you have to do is have him go out and wrestle instead of putting in all this extra bullshit that does nothing for the match.

But hey, your still all mad because Matt Bentley spoke the truth, and Joe isn't going to come back because morale in the locker room sucks, and will inevitebly lose some of their good talent, so whatever. I mean, you already ripped into Matt Bentley saying he never did anything with TNA even though hes a former X Division champ, and your acting as SJ hasn't done anything even though hes the former champ for a company that completely trounces TNA right, so yeah.

See the way I look at it is yes the TNA booking does make a lot of bad choices but nobodies perfect I mean check the WWE booking staff out people say they write the best storylines in pro Wrestling but if you actually think about they aren’t doing anything new Cena and Batista have been main eventing for the past 3 years, ECW has about ten superstars on their roster, Great Khali is a World Champion, Punk still not being given the ECW Championship and I can go on all night about WWE booking mistakes.

Many ROH Fans are complaining about ROH not giving Nigel M the title and plenty other booking mistakes the point I am trying to make is no one is perfect and if things don’t go your way you don’t throw all your toys out of the pram, look at Matt Hardy he has been in the WWE for just under ten years but the WWE overlook and would rather give Khali the title no ones is perfect.

Plus I don’t if you realize but nobody cares about Matt Bentley he fizzled out 2 years ago and now he is just bitter because they wouldn’t push him. In Bentley's last days he looked horrible and out of shape and now that he has left TNA have brought in Jimmy Rave, He is younger, more talented and I am looking forward to checking him out in TNA.

Reinvented

Reaction score
Sandman gets booked better then Samoa Joe and that's saying a lot Sandman who can't even stand straight........Gotta love Sandman.

Samoa Joe is good but not the greatest still TNA not booking him well also hurts a lot....

Reaction score
See the way I look at it is yes the TNA booking does make a lot of bad choices but nobodies perfect I mean check the WWE booking staff out people say they write the best storylines in pro Wrestling but if you actually think about they aren’t doing anything new Cena and Batista have been main eventing for the past 3 years, ECW has about ten superstars on their roster, Great Khali is a World Champion, Punk still not being given the ECW Championship and I can go on all night about WWE booking mistakes.

Many ROH Fans are complaining about ROH not giving Nigel M the title and plenty other booking mistakes the point I am trying to make is no one is perfect and if things don’t go your way you don’t throw all your toys out of the pram, look at Matt Hardy he has been in the WWE for just under ten years but the WWE overlook and would rather give Khali the title no ones is perfect.

Plus I don’t if you realize but nobody cares about Matt Bentley he fizzled out 2 years ago and now he is just bitter because they wouldn’t push him. In Bentley's last days he looked horrible and out of shape and now that he has left TNA have brought in Jimmy Rave, He is younger, more talented and I am looking forward to checking him out in TNA.

I'm not denying that some of WWE's booking has gotten stale. But Raw is in the process of getting better, IMO. A lot of other stuff is arguably getting worse, but thats another topic for another day. But I'll grant you that point.

I don't think ROH fans are "complaining" about Nigel not getting the title. I think alot of them, including me, think that WHEN Morishima loses the belt, that Nigel should win it, thats all. And look, I'm not getting mad or anything at all. I don't NEED TNA at all. They can fold for all I care. But I want them to do well, because I believe they have sufficient talent to put on a good alternative product.

And I agree about Jimmy Rave. Also, I realize that no one cares about Matt Bentley, because I myself don't care about Matt Bentley. People were saying he hadn't amounted to anything in his TNA career, which is false. He's a former X Division champion, when the X Division actually meant something.

But back to the point of the thread. Samoa Joe isn't overrated by any means. He's put on 5 star matches, and one of them was in TNA. Again, it isn't his fault that TNA booking hasn't got a clue what they're doing. If anything, we should be making threads about how Kurt Angle is overrated because he just doesn't do it for a lot of people anymore, not to mention all its doing is making a face of the company a former WWE star which says something about how TNA feels about pushing their own talent...

Cena_Buttocks

Reaction score
Samoa Joe isn't overrated by any means. He's put on 5 star matches, and one of them was in TNA. Again, it isn't his fault that TNA booking hasn't got a clue what they're doing.

That about sums it up. He's not overrated by any means, the man holding every title in the company, he's overrated. I will say that TNA's booking is at fault in this case. He was built as an unstoppable monster who ravaged anyone and everyone that was put in front of him, and just when it looked like it was his time to win the TNA title.... He lost, and then he lost, and then he lost again.

Now all of that momentum (over a year's worth) has dissipated and Samoan Joseph has become nothing more than a Jobber to the Stars. Sure, he could win the title at Bound For Glory, but at this point will the fans care?