Is Jeff Holding Matt Back From Success?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Is Jeff Holding Matt Back?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
This is probally going to sound stupid, but i think that Jeff Hardy is holding Matt down from becoming a Main eventer because when ever he seems to get abit push they then go and put him in a couple tag matches in the midcards with Jeff, i relise that they just had the belts and were in a good feud but this still doesn't seem to persuade me also the fact that Jeff is and will always be a Mid carder doesn't help. I just feel that WWE doesn't think they elevate one half of a tag team to main event success while having the other guy in the midcards jobbing sometimes. Anyways i have tried to explain what i was thinking in words and i have failed miserably as i dont think i have the exaplined properly what i was thinking.

But anyways, I dought this happen but does anyone else think that If Jeff currently wasn't with the WWE Matt Hardy would be better off, As Jeff Is holding Matt back so to speak?

PeepShow

I dont think hes holding him back anymore, now that they have lost the tag titles. Now hopefully they will go for singles gold again, and hopefully Matt will end up challenging Edge for the WNC, even though thats very highly unlikely

eggthief

Reaction score
Nope, Matt shines most when he's teaming up with Jeff. Matt just doesnt got anything special except for doing cool tricks together with Jeff.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
No,I think matt is good with or withoug Jeff

MikeRaw

No...I think if they were both on Raw,it would be because they would be under the pressure to keep doing tag team action.However with Matt on SD he can do tag team stuff on Raw but when he gores to SD he puts on amazing singles matches.Even the commentators are saying hes a main eventer right now and I agree.He has one of the largest fan bases in the world.However I think there will be a split from the Hardyz soon.It might not be a turn and then a feud they may just go seperate ways....

The Ripper

Reaction score
Jeff isnt holding matt back. they are both good together and in singles but jeff gets pushed more in singles that why he has held a title except tag title since his return

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
hmm yeah i had a similar feeling a couple of months ago..but anyways right now i have to say no, their tag team reign made them even more popular with the crowd,so now they can be pushed both for the main event, Matt Hardy will feud with edge, jeff maybe will go for the ic title

3lions

Reaction score
Jeff isn't holding Matt back, WWE are. Matt has been on the verge of ME status (at various times) since he returned to the company in 2005. However, WWE refused to push Matt and he has been lingering in the midcard ever since. The reuniting of the Hardyz certainly helped Matt as he was a central part of the company and it has allowed him to be showcased more (both in tag and singles competition) and the IWC aswell as WWE are considering Matt as a ME star. I can see him moving up the ladder of WWE after the draf, with the innedvitable Edge/Matt feud occuring.

Reaction score
^^ exactly.

also, why would jeff be holding matt back? when Jeff was in TNA did matt shine to the top? no, the wwe didn't push him when jeff wasn't around, so how could jeff be holding him back?

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Matt was being featured on both Raw and SD whilst teaming with jeff.I think that without Jeff,Matt would be nothing right now. Also mark my words Matt Hardy will be world champ one day.

phantomgerald

if he's going to move to ME, he's to do it fast. he's not the 20 year old that debutted in wwe anymore. he's past 30 and if he doesn't get a push in the next year, wwe have probably overlooked him for ME push

Defiant One

Reaction score
^^^I dont really agree with that, yeah he has been in WWE for a while now and is over 30, but so is Kennedy, Lashley, MVP, Benoit, Batista, Kane, Cena and Edge and many more. Edge was over 30 when he got his first WWE Title, as was Batista when he first got the WHC, so thats not really a problem. Management decided to bury him when he came back in 05, and he has done nothing but improve and his fan base grew as well. He has been on the cusp for a while now, with all of the injuries, Edge coming to SD, its only a matter of time before they feud, he wont win the title right now but if the feud is done properly it will really propel him to mainevent status. Setting him up in the future to do so.

As far as Jeff holding him back, short answer no. If tag-teaming with Jeff meant he couldnt compete in singles matches then yes Jeff is holding Matt back but thats not the case. Matt still competes in singles action on SD. Actually I think teaming with Jeff on RAW helped Matt because its no secret RAW is the most popular WWE program so Matt is able to showcase himself on the biggest brand, while still working on SD, killing two birds with one stone.

Reaction score
I don't think so....Matt is ready for ME now and if he gets pushed it'll be thanks in part to the awesome tag matches that he's had with Jeff...which just elevate is singles matces on SD